Hello Mods and Admins of HWZ.
Before you do anything else, I just need you indulge me a little and read this to the end. Then what you want to do with me after that, your choice.
So here goes:
I think you and I and everyone in Singapore not living in a well would know what happened these last 2 interesting days. And rather shocking and tragic days too. Naturally, everyone was talking about it. You can't escape it. So it's only fair and expected that people will talk about it here in EDMW, your sub-forum for chit chat and sundry topics and concerns.
It's been rather sad that these last two days has seen A LOT of $hitposting. Really $hitty racist stuff about Muslims and Malays has been poured out here. More than usual! Yes, I know what EDMW is like. I'm not in denial nor ignorant about this. And I also know this racial $hitposting has been going on for years, mostly unchecked. And I have to admit even I've been a part of this tit-for-tat $hitposting thing.
Yes, I think you know who I am by now. No prizes for that.
And yes, I admit my own $hitposting and trolling is the result of seeing ZERO action. Not much of an excuse, but this was the cause indeed. These guys reported by myself and doubtless so many others, yet they don't seem to stop. Some of them would have racked up enough reports to see some of them get at least temp bans, IF they were actioned upon at all. It's frustrating enough without having to resort to "another kind of reporting", because as long as all avenues have NOT been exhausted, I don't believe in going this far. I'd also open myself up to the same too, to be honest.
I don't really care so much about whether you give out warnings or points. I can't see them on profiles of others. And bans I know are (mostly) the result of accumulated points. It's the inaction that is rather disappointing. And to be fair, I know you have actioned on a few reports for other people making exactly the same insults and trolling against Malays and Indians, some practically seconds after the post.
Why the discrepancy? May I suggest that there is a bias going on here. It's not just against races like Malays. It's against individuals even. Like 2bladeftw the guy who's been pleading with you for weeks to reverse an infraction. I read his complaint. 3 points for quoting a $hitpost and posting the laughing gif. Really? And others have posted more vile stuff and no action?
I do not know how how you choose your moderators, so it's not for me to say whether your methods work. Obviously however, there is tremendous bias here. Let's call a spade a spade. I don't know if it's internal racism at work, or protection for friends, or (heaven forbid) the mod's position was given to someone's sock puppet.
Anyway back to the chase. Obviously, your rules are there for a reason. Otherwise that Robin guy wouldn't have been sipping coffee at a police post, wondering how he shat on his own future due to some racial grudge. I know you've said before you issue points and sometimes bans to protect us from ourselves. Fair enough. Which of course doesn't explain why you've allowed a select few to go willy nilly, break the rules and spread their bile across EDMW, uninhibited.
And that includes at least one who pleaded to return and turn over a new leaf. Literally:
(Don't have enough to post a full url but you can fill in the rest).
You bent the rules for him. As admins it was well within your rights. And look what's happened since. Is that fair to any other persons who requested access again after a p-ban?
Every now and then, he and the others will have something to say about staircases, food delivery, drugs, or anything they can grab on to thumb down a race. And don't even get started on Indians.
"we shall give {name of the guy above} a second chance provided {name of the guy above} don't turn back to your old ways." That was from one of your guys. I'd be bold enough and ask if the same favour can be extended to me (same promises, fingers crossed) and anyone else who asks for it, from here on. But if not, that's fine.
The more important thing is you do all you can to moderate and weed out the disgusting stuff in here, and perhaps review the decisions of your moderators, whether or not I come back here. The case of Robin was chilling enough, don't let it happen again. There are wolves out there who would seize any chance to shut us down because they don't like that their political party is facing dissent, so don't give them that chance to pull us down.
Sorry for the long read. Peace.
Before you do anything else, I just need you indulge me a little and read this to the end. Then what you want to do with me after that, your choice.
So here goes:
I think you and I and everyone in Singapore not living in a well would know what happened these last 2 interesting days. And rather shocking and tragic days too. Naturally, everyone was talking about it. You can't escape it. So it's only fair and expected that people will talk about it here in EDMW, your sub-forum for chit chat and sundry topics and concerns.
It's been rather sad that these last two days has seen A LOT of $hitposting. Really $hitty racist stuff about Muslims and Malays has been poured out here. More than usual! Yes, I know what EDMW is like. I'm not in denial nor ignorant about this. And I also know this racial $hitposting has been going on for years, mostly unchecked. And I have to admit even I've been a part of this tit-for-tat $hitposting thing.
Yes, I think you know who I am by now. No prizes for that.
And yes, I admit my own $hitposting and trolling is the result of seeing ZERO action. Not much of an excuse, but this was the cause indeed. These guys reported by myself and doubtless so many others, yet they don't seem to stop. Some of them would have racked up enough reports to see some of them get at least temp bans, IF they were actioned upon at all. It's frustrating enough without having to resort to "another kind of reporting", because as long as all avenues have NOT been exhausted, I don't believe in going this far. I'd also open myself up to the same too, to be honest.
I don't really care so much about whether you give out warnings or points. I can't see them on profiles of others. And bans I know are (mostly) the result of accumulated points. It's the inaction that is rather disappointing. And to be fair, I know you have actioned on a few reports for other people making exactly the same insults and trolling against Malays and Indians, some practically seconds after the post.
Why the discrepancy? May I suggest that there is a bias going on here. It's not just against races like Malays. It's against individuals even. Like 2bladeftw the guy who's been pleading with you for weeks to reverse an infraction. I read his complaint. 3 points for quoting a $hitpost and posting the laughing gif. Really? And others have posted more vile stuff and no action?
I do not know how how you choose your moderators, so it's not for me to say whether your methods work. Obviously however, there is tremendous bias here. Let's call a spade a spade. I don't know if it's internal racism at work, or protection for friends, or (heaven forbid) the mod's position was given to someone's sock puppet.
Anyway back to the chase. Obviously, your rules are there for a reason. Otherwise that Robin guy wouldn't have been sipping coffee at a police post, wondering how he shat on his own future due to some racial grudge. I know you've said before you issue points and sometimes bans to protect us from ourselves. Fair enough. Which of course doesn't explain why you've allowed a select few to go willy nilly, break the rules and spread their bile across EDMW, uninhibited.
And that includes at least one who pleaded to return and turn over a new leaf. Literally:
extending-olive-branch-admins-5529250. html
(Don't have enough to post a full url but you can fill in the rest).
You bent the rules for him. As admins it was well within your rights. And look what's happened since. Is that fair to any other persons who requested access again after a p-ban?
Every now and then, he and the others will have something to say about staircases, food delivery, drugs, or anything they can grab on to thumb down a race. And don't even get started on Indians.
"we shall give {name of the guy above} a second chance provided {name of the guy above} don't turn back to your old ways." That was from one of your guys. I'd be bold enough and ask if the same favour can be extended to me (same promises, fingers crossed) and anyone else who asks for it, from here on. But if not, that's fine.
The more important thing is you do all you can to moderate and weed out the disgusting stuff in here, and perhaps review the decisions of your moderators, whether or not I come back here. The case of Robin was chilling enough, don't let it happen again. There are wolves out there who would seize any chance to shut us down because they don't like that their political party is facing dissent, so don't give them that chance to pull us down.
Sorry for the long read. Peace.
