Hikers in Singapore!

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Hi everyone! I'm a graphic designer who in my free time enjoys hiking around Singapore. Just looking to connect with other hikers, share our experiences, and recommend routes. Looking forward to seeing your photos and videos.

Here's a hike I did last week along the Pipeline Trail to Bukit Timah Hill. It's a fun adventure if you don't mind bashing through grass, crossing a couple of streams, and getting bitten by mosquitoes. The terrain is quite uneven with lots of slopes, and you need to climb up the stairs up Bukit Timah Hill at the end, so get ready for your legs to get a good workout. I have created a YouTube video on this hike if you're interested:
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike along Kallang River and Whampoa River, with the highlight being a climb up 40 stories of HDB flat called Whampoa Dew. The terrain is flat and all pavement, so it's not very challenging and easy to navigate. It's why I decided to include Whampoa Dew, since staircase climbing is a good full-body workout and training for overseas hikes:
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike through Wallace Trail, the Dairy Farm Loop, and Hindhede Nature Park. The Dairy Farm Loop just reopened recently, having been closed for some time due to a landslide. With lots of stairs and uneven terrain, this route is great for working out your legs and training for overseas hikes. I was also fortunate enough to encounter a keeled rat snake (nonvenomous) on my way to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill.
 

Tintin&Sn0wy

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2023
Messages
2,842
Reaction score
1,606
Here's a hike through Wallace Trail, the Dairy Farm Loop, and Hindhede Nature Park. The Dairy Farm Loop just reopened recently, having been closed for some time due to a landslide. With lots of stairs and uneven terrain, this route is great for working out your legs and training for overseas hikes. I was also fortunate enough to encounter a keeled rat snake (nonvenomous) on my way to the summit of Bukit Timah Hill.


thanks for sharing ! Do you hike overseas as well ?
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did through Lower Seletar Reservoir, Yishun Dam, and onto the Round Island Route. It's a relatively easy hike since the terrain is mostly flat and pavement, with toilets along the way. At 16 kilometers though, the distance will still give your legs a decent workout while you enjoy the surrounding scenery.
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did where I explored the Old Bukit Timah Saddle Club before climbing up Bukit Timah Hill and finishing at Dairy Farm Nature Park. I wanted to visit the Old Bukit Timah Saddle Club, which was established in 1951, before it closes completely for redevelopment — part of the site has already been closed when I was there.
 

stoicbuddha

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Here's a hike I did where I explored the Old Bukit Timah Saddle Club before climbing up Bukit Timah Hill and finishing at Dairy Farm Nature Park. I wanted to visit the Old Bukit Timah Saddle Club, which was established in 1951, before it closes completely for redevelopment — part of the site has already been closed when I was there.


Thanks for sharing your hiking journeys :) keep the content coming!
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did starting around Jurong Lake Gardens. It's a well-known garden in the heartlands, and only recently reopened with the completion of the Chinese Garden and the Japanese Garden.
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did to four quarries, namely Little Guilin, Bukit Batok Nature Park, Hindhede Quarry, and Singapore Quarry.

Quarrying is a significant part of Singapore's history, fueling its development into the 20th century. It's nice to be able to visit such landmarks even now, and the route is very beginner-friendly and accessible as well.
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did from Khatib to Punggol, going through Pulau Punggol Barat and Timor. The 2 islands are reclaimed off Seletar, serving as stockpile sites for granite and sand in Singapore.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this route, since there isn't much nature to enjoy, and it gets really dusty and sandy when hiking through the 2 islands. There is a supposedly scenic spot along the way, but to me it was quite underwhelming.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,141
Reaction score
13,165
Thanks so much for sharing. Your vids definitely give a better idea of what to expect before we explore some of these routes. (y)(y)

And of course, the descriptions. So that we can decide which ones to start off first, and which to avoid. :grin:
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Thanks so much for sharing. Your vids definitely give a better idea of what to expect before we explore some of these routes. (y)(y)

And of course, the descriptions. So that we can decide which ones to start off first, and which to avoid. :grin:
Sorry for the late response! I'm glad you found my videos helpful and wishing you a wonderful 2026!
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Happy 2026! Here's the first hike I did this year through Sungei Kiri Park Connector and Sembawang Beach, visiting a hidden spot called Eagles Point along the way.

It's a nice, scenic, and straightforward route, though there's a bit of bashing involved going to Eagles Point. The area is also quite quaint and countryside, so you get to experience a different side of Singapore with a bit of colonial history thrown in as well.
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did from Jurong East to Pandan Reservoir, going along Ulu Pandan Park Connector and Pandan Gardens Park Connector.

Pandan Reservoir is the largest service and only elevated reservoir in Singapore. It was my lucky day, since not only was the weather cloudy and cooling, but I had a close-up encounter with a family of otters as well.
 

HikingPoh

Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2023
Messages
114
Reaction score
80
Here's a hike I did around Sentosa, going through Imbiah Trail, Fort Siloso, and along Beach Walk.

Sentosa might be known as popular tourist attraction and home to Universal Studios Singapore, but it also has a lot of nature and history to explore, being a military fortress used by the British during the Second World War.

The island also has more than 60 peafowls, and I had an interesting encounter with one during this hike.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top