Honor & Integrity?

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
Something to ponder on.
I don't know about you guys, but in my time, we value this above others.
In my Army days, we trusted each other as we operate in a 4 man team.
In the Business World, when words are given, we honor it to the end even it resulted in losses.
But nowaday, it seems that such moral values had been replace by money.
I wonder would we readily sell our country for money, would citizen be ready to be traitor and soldier be ready to reveal classified information?
It's a sad thing to happen, but I'm quite confident that there are lots of them around us.
What's your take?
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
Yeah, strongly agreed. But what made me disappointed is that it came from someone working in the Army. If he got the cheek to do this, I worry that what will happen if he is given high office.

Singaporean don't break the law because of fear of punishment. This is a failure in the education.
If we respect the law because we're civil, honest & have integrity and dignity, that should be the ultimate direction.
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
What would you do?

Yesterday, someone had wanted to buy a brand new Sony Personal Audio Dock listed at S$200. He made an offer at S$140 saying he would collect at night. So, it's was agreeable to settle it at S$140.
At night, he sent another sms saying he's willing to offer at S$120 for it. With such person that it's honor and integrity is worth S$20, I think that he is worse than a piece of ****.

If on the other hand, I'm going to do it back to him, how would he feel?
I agree to his S$120 offer at night. When he came over to my place to collect, I told him I'm only willing to settle at S$140.

己所不欲、勿施於人

For those out there that felt honor and integrity is worthless, wait till it slap back on your face.
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
If you are dishonorable, acknowledged it. Giving excuses will just reflect more of your poor character. Behave like a man and take responsibility of what you had said.
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
The beginning of the Horse year & I'm able to see the worth of a person character is just $110 only. Despite having a nick of Justice, it just doesn't do justice to it at all. He was a dishonorable liar with no sense of integrity.
Out of goodwill, I was willing to deliver the item to his residence on various occasion.
On the 29th January, he claimed he was working and offer me to deliver on 3rd Feb.
On 3rd February, I sms him that I will be delivering around 2-3pm which he claimed he was working. He offer to ask his brother to collect on his behalf. immediately, I replied okay asking for address and he disappear without a word. At 1938hrs, he replied that he just woke up. Isn't it funny that at one point, he claimed to be working and the other point sleeping. As I was still at the West side, I offer to deliver the item to him which he claimed that he's going out. He countered proposed to let me know on 4th February morning at 0930hrs for the collection.
On 4th February, I kept quiet the whole morning to see how reliable this guy can be and how low will he stood to lie. As predicted, he failed to respond to his own words. I only sms him at 2003hrs to verify. He claimed that he is down with stomach flu since night time. He also got the cheek to call the deal off since I'm in a hurry to sell.
I told him that nobody is in a hurry, but as a man, he had repeatedly failed to keep to his words. At one moment, he's working, another moment sleeping, next moment going out and yet claimed to be down with stomach flu, which is which, he know best. His replied was a simple whatever. Of course whatever since he is a man of no honor and integrity.
He threatened to report it as harassment and I gladly challenged him to. I never knew that now, the liar can in turn, turn around to claim justice. Totally don't know what is shame.
I wonder which company would keep someone who know no shame and does not honor his words and yet, even in the wrong, got the cheek to argue as if he's right. A failure of the Singapore Education system.
 

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
6
someone from edmw? selling gunpla?

usually its the sellers who will ignore these troublesome buyers.

I had experience with chao kuan buyer asking for discount despite agreeing on the selling price before meetup. somemore, its a $10 discount after viewing the item & me spending time explaining how to use the camera and basics of photography.

but on most occasions selling stuffs, it was a good experience
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
Knight, got to agree with you that there are such people around. My wife had encountered one with the Sony Personal Audio Dock. They just don't understand that reputation is very important. In business, if your reputation is sucks, nobody would want to do business with you so what your price is cheap. But overall, there are still lots of good peoples around. Our society is becoming more of a money society than cultivation.
 

Knightrider3K

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
16,779
Reaction score
6
Knight, got to agree with you that there are such people around. My wife had encountered one with the Sony Personal Audio Dock. They just don't understand that reputation is very important. In business, if your reputation is sucks, nobody would want to do business with you so what your price is cheap. But overall, there are still lots of good peoples around. Our society is becoming more of a money society than cultivation.
It depends on how u see it, whether u deal with them in your
professional (work) capacity or personal (online karung guni?) capacity?

if selling in personal capacity, maybe do not need to take them too seriously, just
find another buyer or re-list the item.

It could be young kids or keyboard warriors, nowadays some people feel
they can do anything, say anything, counter-offer because no one would
know and they can easily use another username to buy/sell.
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
Knight, be it personal or professional capacity, it's really sad to see a human character so degrading. Whether they think can get away with, they are not answerable to me, but themselves. I don't bother much whether it sell or not, just to share with everyone that had our society advanced to a level where honor and integrity is worthless?
I had sold many items to others even they don't have the money to pay upfront. I just let them have it and pay when they are convenient and the amount is much more than this.
It would be sad to need to risk 750k to see someone character again.
 

albatross078

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
yep agree this guy no integrity , but u are lucky u never got stood up (fly airplane ) , i got kena once and it was really wasting my 1 hr time, and in the end he said the dun want. Mind u the location is far from my home
 

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
Same. My place to his house at Segar was quite a distance, but normally, I will try to accommodate as since I'm driving and always on the move. Actually, it just reflect badly on his upbringing. He is setting a bad example to his daughter Xintong.
 
Last edited:

anz1199

Master Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
2,806
Reaction score
0
So, I always said,
己所不欲、勿施於人
You might think you are able to get away,
it's that people don't want to do it back on you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top