Hotel room bookings

devion

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2001
Messages
1,671
Reaction score
214
Like to check whether any of you had booked a room for 2 person & then brought a 3rd person to stay together inside the room? I saw some hotels booking having additional charges for 3rd person if he/she is an adult,kid is FOC....so what if I book for 2 adults & 1 kid? But actual I bring 3 adults?

Eg.Rooms with 2 double beds is able to house 4 adults...price for the same room with 2 adults is much lesser than 3 or 4 adults.Maybe one can say there will be less towels,pillow if book with 2 adults....what if I use 2 adults & 2 kids? I only pay for the adults but still will get 4 pax of towels,pillows..etc.

I do not think the hotel would be able to check...or can they? 1 easy way is for the 3rd person not be present during checkin,he/she can always go to the room later.

Anybody did this before? Any past experiences with hotel discovering it & then made the customer pay a surcharge?
 

torrent06

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
1,112
Reaction score
168
Most hotels I know will ask to make a copy of your passports so how will you explain the absence of children at the point of check-in?

The extra charges for the third person is because of the need for extra bed. Are you sure the hotel will allow you to book a double bed room for only 2 guests?
 

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
6,059
Reaction score
173
Most hotels I know will ask to make a copy of your passports so how will you explain the absence of children at the point of check-in?

The extra charges for the third person is because of the need for extra bed. Are you sure the hotel will allow you to book a double bed room for only 2 guests?

depends on country and hotel. some hotel double queen beds are for 2 person.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top