House Guidelines (UPDATES: 130808)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow fans, as I may not be as active as before for the future days, I feel there is a need to set some basic house guidelines on usage of the HWZ football forum. :)

Football discussion is actually, by itself, a conflict to begin with. All the rivalries, the on-pitch competition just adds up the conflict. On that count, this forum has a total different nature from the other forums. Furthermore, to a large extent, only passionate fans post regularly, and with passion comes fiercely guarded views and comments.

Moreover, as opposed to redcafe, arsenal-mania, redandwhitekop etc, this is not a one-club only forum, and thus, there are different do's and don'ts. Through time, HWZ football forum has also developed some of our own culture and guidelines.

Here we go.

1) Standard HWZ forum rules applies, no difference.

Of course, the same stuff applies. Adverts, signatures etc.

2) Trolling and flaming

For the trolling part, it gets a little tricky. Because as mentioned, this topic of football is a conflict to begin with, so a little jibe here and there is perfectly fine. But once you do it too often, and is inciting too much flames, its a no-no. Its very intangible measure.

As much as I would like everyone to be courteous and polite, its almost impossible to do that here. I don't wish to take away the fun from everyone. Just heighten your personal senses (common sense) and know when to stop. And I hope everyone trusts us with our moderation. we won't be able to stare at the forum 24/7 and may not be able to pick up all trollers. Drop the mods a PM, and we'll see how it goes.

3) Name-callings of clubs

Manure, Chelsh|t, Le' Arse, Liverpoo. As you have realized, these are derogative terms and won't be allowed in common threads (threads apart from club threads). I seek everybody's understanding on this. As we share common grounds, there is a need to maintain some sort of mannerism.

3) Club threads

There are quite a few club threads. Like it or not, it is like a little home for club fans. So of course, things mentioned there won't be pleasant for rival fans. So do spare yourself unnecessary agony by trying to take on the club threads. Let's leave a little space for different clubs shall we? Leave the club threads to the club fans. That is a place where you can pour your abuse and kpkb on others. But of course, please do it within reasonable boundaries. But it is by no means a total out of bounds area for fans of other allegiance. You can still join in and make merry. But do question your personal agenda before doing so.

LATEST: Things have gone out of hand recently. Persons involved, you know who you are. From 150508 onwards, any unfriendly posts in club threads will be issued with an infraction.

That's about all I can think of for now. These are guidelines for this forum, given its nature. I will leave this thread opened for some time for comments on items to be added on. After which, it will be consolidated and stickied.

As for me, I will still be moderating regularly, just that I would not be able to join in discussions as actively as before.

EDIT: Since there is not much active add ons, please PM me for any inputs. Thanks.

Thread will be locked until further edition.

Last edited:

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Due to the spike of unnecessary posts in club threads, I'm afraid a tougher stance will now be enforced. So long as there is a little tiny tinge of possible negative response to the post, infraction will be issued.

Conclusion is, if anyone don't have any nice things to say, avoid the thread.

Its sad that things have gone down this way. But I'm afraid this is the only measure to encourage responsibility posting.

This will be enforced across the threads. Perhaps this will loosen up as time past, but we'll see.

Thanks.

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is an open note to all users of HWZ Football Forum. Any persistent troll identified will be dealt with with an infraction followed by a T-ban if necessary. Any incidents where the user is suspected to have the intention to troll will be discretely investigated by the moderation team. Do not take advantage of the fact that controversial topics are allowed. The moderating team is not senile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.