How do you handle defective Apple products?

SGJohnWick

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2023
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
1,341
As usual, with Chinese New Year approaching, I find myself doing spring cleaning once again. You know how parents always remind you to discard items that are no longer working or are damaged. Currently, I have a faulty iMac; initially, I thought it was a power supply issue since I've repaired this iMac for that reason before. However, it turns out the hard drive is the problem. Since I have another functioning iMac, this faulty one is the only one I'm currently using. My parents have suggested that I dispose of the old iMac, but I'm uncertain. Apple products have an aesthetic appeal, even when turned off. Additionally, I have defective iPads and iPhones stored away in a drawer. I'm curious to know, fellow Apple users, how do you handle defective Apple products?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
As usual, with Chinese New Year approaching, I find myself doing spring cleaning once again. You know how parents always remind you to discard items that are no longer working or are damaged. Currently, I have a faulty iMac; initially, I thought it was a power supply issue since I've repaired this iMac for that reason before. However, it turns out the hard drive is the problem. Since I have another functioning iMac, this faulty one is the only one I'm currently using. My parents have suggested that I dispose of the old iMac, but I'm uncertain. Apple products have an aesthetic appeal, even when turned off. Additionally, I have defective iPads and iPhones stored away in a drawer. I'm curious to know, fellow Apple users, how do you handle defective Apple products?
if defective just dispose via those applicable e recycling bins?

unless you are hoarder for such stuff?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Well the old iMac fault is hardisk faulty only. I lazy to change. I even plan to buy a new iMac.
So for you, how you deal with faulty apple stuffs of course still working one can donate or keep as spare.
In a way it remains faulty right.

not point keep for display?
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,480
Reaction score
3,164
you can use ’s recycling partner. if it’s working can get some money back.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Recycling means give foc right? Nowadays apple products quality getting worst. Perhaps can look for ah beng shop to repair.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
getting worse meh? what happened?
Like AirPod pro gen 1 has this manufacturer issue. Machiam units produced prior to oct 2020 got this issue. One and off we see this kind of issue now and then. Seems like without Steve jobs, the quality and innovation really lacking.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Like AirPod pro gen 1 has this manufacturer issue. Machiam units produced prior to oct 2020 got this issue. One and off we see this kind of issue now and then. Seems like without Steve jobs, the quality and innovation really lacking.
but having a recall is a part and parcel kind of thing leh. nothing unique
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Probably better to buy either new (with AppleCare) or used (cheap). Else spoil will cry till no tears. The repair/ replacement cost ouch….
 

Singrish

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
307
If hoping to get good $ back, forget about trade in or recycling. I trade in only cos I can’t bother to post on carousell & then meet up & risk ppl no showing or pulling off a d*ck & asking for lower price at last minute, both of which have happened 🤬

If you plan on trading-in expect significantly less than selling it yourself. If you plan on recycling it, be aware you’re basically giving it away.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
If hoping to get good $ back, forget about trade in or recycling. I trade in only cos I can’t bother to post on carousell & then meet up & risk ppl no showing or pulling off a d*ck & asking for lower price at last minute, both of which have happened 🤬

If you plan on trading-in expect significantly less than selling it yourself. If you plan on recycling it, be aware you’re basically giving it away.
Can consider https://www.passiton.org.sg/ if giving away.

help those beneficiaries of social services.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
Donate still must cover delivery.
Not a must, you can tell the social worker to collect from you.

but I mean if you are doing this, you should be doing it out of the goodness of your heart la. Don’t have to quibble over such thing.
 

elvintay07

Suspended
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
12,367
Reaction score
4,441
Not a must, you can tell the social worker to collect from you.

but I mean if you are doing this, you should be doing it out of the goodness of your heart la. Don’t have to quibble over such thing.
If I give a bed, the transport is gg to be costly lei. I think the platform owner needs to think of this also right? Not wayang create something then hope it works. Today I give away AirPods Pro 1, of course I am happy to deliver to them. But if I were to give new Sofo, 65” tv, need to consider our perspective also la.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,289
Reaction score
5,867
If I give a bed, the transport is gg to be costly lei. I think the platform owner needs to think of this also right? Not wayang create something then hope it works. Today I give away AirPods Pro 1, of course I am happy to deliver to them. But if I were to give new Sofo, 65” tv, need to consider our perspective also la.
They got say contact VWO for discounted delivery.

also, if you think it is costly to give, then don’t give lor.

it’s a donation after all
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top