How does buying a .com.sg/.sg domain work?

Ruzzeh

Member
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
hey guys, bear with me for I'm really new at this. basically i already have a free domain that came with the plan I bought with Wix that is .net (because .com was taken) but I am looking to make it .sg

how do I purchase a .com.sg/.sg domain in Singapore? i googled, and there were several sites where I could do so (namecheap, godaddy etc) but I wasn't comfortable with going ahead because I had no idea how it worked and what a reasonable price was - it costs 49.99SGD on godaddy.com?

my impression was there would be one global corporation where everyone went to buy domains... why are there so many sites offering this service?

please advise! many thanks.
 
Last edited:

jonchong

Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
201
Reaction score
0
how do I purchase a .com.sg/.sg domain in Singapore? i googled, and there were several sites where I could do so (namecheap, godaddy etc) but I wasn't comfortable with going ahead because I had no idea how it worked and what a reasonable price was - it costs 49.99SGD on godaddy.com?

my impression was there would be one global corporation where everyone went to buy domains... why are there so many sites offering this service?

For domain names there are many "registrars" which handle the domain registration and update the global database. SG domains are more expensive & have extra restrictions such as having to fill up the registrant's IC or Company/ Entity number (Must be a resident person or company in Singapore).

For more info you can check out Corporate Web Design Singapore =:p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top