How does SCB esaver extra interest promo work?

monoblue

Master Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2007
Messages
3,970
Reaction score
345
almost the same as CIMB star saver (saving) account 0.8%

I going to open new e$saver account, transfer the money to this account, after 30 april transfer it back to my CIMB savings then put it there until e$saver have better account
 

bigfoot

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,495
Reaction score
22
almost the same as CIMB star saver (saving) account 0.8%

I going to open new e$saver account, transfer the money to this account, after 30 april transfer it back to my CIMB savings then put it there until e$saver have better account

Same here. No longer attractive to me.
 

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
10,434
Reaction score
75
Like that still worth it or not? How come I didn't receive such SMS?
depends on how u value it lor.

i have cimb and esaver account.. transferring between them depending on who gives higher rate. some months esaver only gives prevailing interest rate, no bonus rate
 

mastermember

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
22,079
Reaction score
3,558
Is this esaver account still worth keeping? I have 2 of them! Thinking of closing both.

Now I am using the BonusSaver.

Any comments?
 

haydentan

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Dun think the promo will b back. This is the 2nd month that there is no news on the special interest. I only earned $7 from esaver last mth. So pathetic without the promo
 

bigfoot

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,495
Reaction score
22
Thanks. Guess I'll start looking for alternatives now. Going to close my scb account one by one. :)
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
There is no cost in maintaining the 2 esaver accounts. I keep these accounts with zero balance, money with CIMB, so can max the interest when there is promo, haha

(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
There is no cost in maintaining the 2 esaver accounts. I keep these accounts with zero balance, money with CIMB, so can max the interest when there is promo, haha

(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)

warning::)
Note: If account is in S$0 balance for 6 consecutive months, it will be closed automatically
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reminder, then I keep $1 there lor.

CIMB pays the highest savings account interest of 0.8% p.a. Minimum balance is $1000, need to topup every mth with $100 to get 0.8% interest mthly. If u deposit 2200, then no need to do anything for 1 year, u can continue to earn 0.8% interest. The bank will help u spread the money to topup $100 each mth but the whole balance will earn 0.8% interest. Goto CIMB website to find out more.


(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the reminder, then I keep $1 there lor.

CIMB pays the highest savings account interest of 0.8% p.a. Minimum balance is $1000, need to topup every mth with $100 to get 0.8% interest mthly. If u deposit 2200, then no need to do anything for 1 year, u can continue to earn 0.8% interest. The bank will help u spread the money to topup $100 each mth but the whole balance will earn 0.8% interest. Goto CIMB website to find out more.


(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)

What u hv is
CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account
There is another for current account (free cheque book) but min is 5k , w incremental top up of $500 monthly.
 

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
Yes, i closed my current account, then opened the savings one instead so I need to maintain smaller amt of money to continue to qualify for 0.8%, and can transfer the max balance to esaver to earn higher interest when promo is on, hehe, best of both worlds.


(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)
 

bigfoot

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,495
Reaction score
22
Yes, i closed my current account, then opened the savings one instead so I need to maintain smaller amt of money to continue to qualify for 0.8%, and can transfer the max balance to esaver to earn higher interest when promo is on, hehe, best of both worlds.


(Vote my Mother's Day Photo at C3a Facebook (by SK Tan) and get a chance to win 4 River Safari tickets. Last day of voting is Jun 9. Thanks.)
So in conclusion, I can withdraw this amount anytime I need the money? I will apply now. 0.8% is good. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top