How many tokens you have ?

Singleton

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
1,169
Reaction score
11
I got the peasant mindset... whichever bank that offer high interest...then i try to put some money in it... till to date i got DBS, OCBC, Maybank, CIMB and one key token. Total: 5

Actually i got standard chartered esaver account but I have closed it..their token is like an card size :(:(:(
 

doody_

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
7,508
Reaction score
7
You can probably register the same token serial to your accounts.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
TS, this is not EDMW, post here doesn't have the same speed of replies...
Anyway, is it beneficial to have so many accounts?

If you just want higher interest and capital guaranteed without losing too much liquidity, try SGS SSB. Can withdraw $$ every month and earn 2.78%p.a. average interest if you held for 10 years for the last issue. The interest pays out every 6 month.

http://www.sgs.gov.sg/savingsbonds.aspx
 
Last edited:

bibu00

Master Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
4,328
Reaction score
0
Perisher, ssb is no longer 2.78%. November bond is closed. Pls keep yourself updated.
I don't agree to put all cash in ssb. It's good to keep some liquid funds that can be instantly withdrawn in savings account. How many account you want us up to your own management ability and needs.

E.g. If one day your loved one for some reason need to post bail, you going to tell mata shushu "sorry my money in ssb can you wait for me to liquefy? Otang you first?"

For me I only hold ocbc and posb. Ocbc 360 for salary crediting, bills payment. Posb for wide network of ATM, applying IPO, ssb.
Last time when I student I also have uob/ocbc. Because my school have this super ulu uob ATM that nobody use. So I go press there loh.
Also have scb now, for trading purposes.
 
Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Perisher, ssb is no longer 2.78%. November bond is closed. Pls keep yourself updated.
I don't agree to put all cash in ssb. It's good to keep some liquid funds that can be instantly withdrawn in savings account. How many account you want us up to your own management ability and needs.

E.g. If one day your loved one for some reason need to post bail, you going to tell mata shushu "sorry my money in ssb can you wait for me to liquefy? Otang you first?"

I say last issue leh. I know it's not 2.78% liao but the latest one not out.

Also, I lay out the caveat already?
If you just want higher interest and capital guaranteed without losing too much liquidity, try SGS SSB.

I also never recommend putting everything in... Just not open so many accounts...
 
Last edited:

wts2013

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2013
Messages
2,780
Reaction score
0
I got the peasant mindset... whichever bank that offer high interest...then i try to put some money in it... till to date i got DBS, OCBC, Maybank, CIMB and one key token. Total: 5

Actually i got standard chartered esaver account but I have closed it..their token is like an card size :(:(:(

hahaha, u got thread title which dun attract interest lor, hahaha,

I just came back, open, then need to read your post then I know what u asking lor, hahaha

u are not the only one lor, many people here also open a/cs when see attractive interest rates, then every beginning of mth see interest credited, jin happy lor, hahaha

one token for each bank lor, but lucky seldom need to use lor, all 3 local banks n scb for me, hahaha,
 
Last edited:

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
I got the peasant mindset... whichever bank that offer high interest...then i try to put some money in it... till to date i got DBS, OCBC, Maybank, CIMB and one key token. Total: 5

Actually i got standard chartered esaver account but I have closed it..their token is like an card size :(:(:(


But I am more towards token in the form of credit card. Very convenient for transactions instead of carrying 5 tokens wherever I go.
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
Perisher, ssb is no longer 2.78%. November bond is closed. Pls keep yourself updated.
I don't agree to put all cash in ssb. It's good to keep some liquid funds that can be instantly withdrawn in savings account. How many account you want us up to your own management ability and needs.

E.g. If one day your loved one for some reason need to post bail, you going to tell mata shushu "sorry my money in ssb can you wait for me to liquefy? Otang you first?"

For me I only hold ocbc and posb. Ocbc 360 for salary crediting, bills payment. Posb for wide network of ATM, applying IPO, ssb.
Last time when I student I also have uob/ocbc. Because my school have this super ulu uob ATM that nobody use. So I go press there loh.
Also have scb now, for trading purposes.

Your post set me thinking. What the hell. Believe it or not - 13 accounts?

I have 3 posb accounts - one for normal use, one for giro and etc and one joint with x.

I also have 5 cimb accounts - one for normal use, one joint with x, one joint with y and one joint with z, and 1 in FD.

I also have 3 ocbc accounts - one for normal use and one in trust and 1 corporate account with y.

In addition I have an esaver with scb, after closing xtrasaver!

Also got cimb in Malaysia.

Don't imagine what I have in them. Almost forgot that I still have loan account. That makes 14 accounts :s22:
 

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,382
Reaction score
1,552
Spread over a few bank accts as SDIC only protect up to SGD50k.

With iBanking and FAST, easy to move money around, multiple accts not really a major issue.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Spread over a few bank accts as SDIC only protect up to SGD50k.

With iBanking and FAST, easy to move money around, multiple accts not really a major issue.

Which is why I suggest SGS SSB for parking $$, higher interest, all protected by government, one account, every month liquidity etc...
Use that as a savings account and add on a daily current account and that's about it.
 

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2000
Messages
22,130
Reaction score
7,824
Bank interest does not attract me....rather put my money on reits.

But thats just me :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top