How much $ you have inside StashAway?

Sharonyap2505

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2015
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
I am new to this app and I deposited $20. So far returns is only $0.33 in 2 months which I see potential if I deposit higher amount. But I'm afraid of the risk of suddenly losing my money overnight.

Do you use StashAway and how much $ do you put in every month?
 

Chisaki

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
5,236
Reaction score
56
I am new to this app and I deposited $20. So far returns is only $0.33 in 2 months which I see potential if I deposit higher amount. But I'm afraid of the risk of suddenly losing my money overnight.

Do you use StashAway and how much $ do you put in every month?
If scared,don’t invest, only invest money u r willing to lose
 

thespell

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2015
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I am new to this app and I deposited $20. So far returns is only $0.33 in 2 months which I see potential if I deposit higher amount. But I'm afraid of the risk of suddenly losing my money overnight.

Do you use StashAway and how much $ do you put in every month?

Depending on the risk profile you choose during KYC. The returns/losses also depend on market condition. During downturn, the draw down may be up to 50-60% but this also depends on your risk profile. Invest the money that you won't need for the next 3-5 years and that you're prepared to lose up to 50-60%. No pain no gain

I don't put in every month anymore as I am DIY now but I did start investing with Stashaway and Smartly.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I am new to this app and I deposited $20. So far returns is only $0.33 in 2 months which I see potential if I deposit higher amount. But I'm afraid of the risk of suddenly losing my money overnight.

Do you use StashAway and how much $ do you put in every month?

Is your concern losing money from investment or losing money because Stashaway close down?
 

estoppel

Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2010
Messages
424
Reaction score
46
I started off with S$1k around April'19 and DCA $100 per month on a 30% risk profile on a trial basis. As of today, my current value is S$2,612 (returns of S$193) which ain't too bad.
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Both actually. Never did investing before, have 0 knowledge about it and right now I'm taking my first clueless step into investing.
I think you are better off just using RSP for STI ETF.

If scare StashAway close down, I think that 1 because they put your money in a custodian account so it should be protected.
 

len555

Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
220
Reaction score
2
I think you are better off just using RSP for STI ETF.

If scare StashAway close down, I think that 1 because they put your money in a custodian account so it should be protected.

Agree. Remember when smartly closed down (dun hav acct there so can only speak what i heard), money intact ,was either assets sell off and send you back money or were given option to move to stashaway with a promo
 

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2000
Messages
62,567
Reaction score
2,449
I am new to this app and I deposited $20. So far returns is only $0.33 in 2 months which I see potential if I deposit higher amount. But I'm afraid of the risk of suddenly losing my money overnight.

Do you use StashAway and how much $ do you put in every month?


Started less than 6 months with $30K and some months DCA $100-500. Returns about 8-10% (two portfolios). The March 24 dip affected one of my portfolio until today still negative even with DCA :s22: To mitigate the risk of Stashaway closing down, i have to also diversify into others such as Syfe. And another part DIY in SG/CN/US stock markets.

i also started small before this. Just invest in an amount that you are comfortable to lose. You can start with $20 first and add in more along the way.
 

PongRareRare

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
2,047
Reaction score
92
Started less than 6 months with $30K and some months DCA $100-500. Returns about 8-10% (two portfolios). The March 24 dip affected one of my portfolio until today still negative even with DCA :s22: To mitigate the risk of Stashaway closing down, i have to also diversify into others such as Syfe. And another part DIY in SG/CN/US stock markets.

i also started small before this. Just invest in an amount that you are comfortable to lose. You can start with $20 first and add in more along the way.

“Mitigate the risk of Stashaway closing down” is very scary
 

yellownova

Junior Member
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
I started off with S$1k around April'19 and DCA $100 per month on a 30% risk profile on a trial basis. As of today, my current value is S$2,612 (returns of S$193) which ain't too bad.

I started DCA $100 in May 19 with 22% risk profile. Returns are at 13% currently.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top