How Often Do You Change PSU?

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,723
Reaction score
2,651
I have a 500W PSU that is 7 years old, and I just bought a new graphics card.

The specs says a PSU of 450W is enough for the card. Should I change my PSU?
 
Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,704
Reaction score
526
Your 7 years old PSU is no longer able to provide 500w due to components degrading over time. Best to get a new PSU.
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,723
Reaction score
2,651
Thank you. Will go and get a PSU. Thought of saving $100 initially.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top