How often do you clean your PC's internals?

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
140,671
Reaction score
9,361
first rig
every 3 months or so .... later become 6months ... then stop


current rig , 5 months and counting ... not gonna clean it
cpu hitting 72 max .... if it starts to hit 74 75 I'll wipe the fan blade edge

if I build another rig as non-overclock ... I sure won't care until it thermal shutdown
effort to clean does not bring any benefit ... so might as well don't waste effort
 
Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Every once in a year. I went for negative air flow. So the amount of dust trap inside is still minimal.
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,145
Reaction score
1,246
Once per 6 months for me if I decide to reserve 1 whole day during the weekend.

I will disassemble my entire rig and clean each component one by one. And slowly reassemble everything back.

It takes a long time cos I don't have air blower or compressed air. I wipe by using paper towels, usually the fan blades, HSF and the interior of the casing. Areas which is safer from electrostatic discharge, I will use vacuum cleaner.

It feels good to have a clean PC minimal of dust. But sometimes u also wonder if it's worth it to do it too often. Quite back breaking task sometimes especially if you have a cramp room to clean.
 

hellhole

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
4,020
Reaction score
612
hm... so i have seen usb vacuum cleaner for keyboard... i think that probably maynot have enough power to suck everything if i use it on the pc internal...

anyone see a usb powered blower? not a fan... but like blower..
 

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
35,380
Reaction score
402
hm... so i have seen usb vacuum cleaner for keyboard... i think that probably maynot have enough power to suck everything if i use it on the pc internal...

anyone see a usb powered blower? not a fan... but like blower..
What can a 5-10W blower do?

Even my Lileng fan does better than them...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top