How safe to cut the SIM card ?

csc12345678

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,794
Reaction score
241
Just checking with you people how safe it is to cut the normal SIM to micro ? What's the chance of spoiling the card ? And what to look out for when cutting ? Thanks !
 

milanmania2004

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2004
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
12
I have cut more than 5 sims over last 2 years for myself and siblings, so far zero failure. I bought a cutter from eBay for this purpose soely. Take note to leave enough clearance from the metal contact, do not cut thru or touch the contact.

Sent from LGE H950PR using GAGT
 

swgj86

Master Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
127
align properly in the SIM card cutter. a risk lo. I cut twice. Heng no issue yet. as long as don't cut the gold chip there can Liao
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
align properly in the SIM card cutter. a risk lo. I cut twice. Heng no issue yet. as long as don't cut the gold chip there can Liao

just to add on, it also depends on the quality of the cutter. i guess your cutter belongs to the higher quality one in which it cuts properly and precisely.. :D
 

Timbre70

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2014
Messages
307
Reaction score
1
I have been using another SIM as template, draw the outline using pencil, then kitchen scissors to cut. So far so good.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top