How should I upgrade my gaming PC

easybets

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Built below PC 2 years ago and I think its time for a upgrade, Currently have about 400dollar available for upgrades + anything I can sell from my current PC. Any pros can suggest how I should spend this 400dollars that would improve my PC the most?

CPU: Intel i7 2700k
CPU Cooler : Antec Kuhler H20 920
MOBO: Z68 Pro3 Gen3
Graphics Card : Gainward GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
SSD: Intel 120GB
HDD: Samsung 1TB
RAM: 6GB Team DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz Xtreem (From old PC only using 4gb)
PSU: SuperFlower 850W (forgot which one)
Chasis: NZXT Phantom
 

Ind1go

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
0
My opinion is that for $400, not much can be done ?

I'm still using 2700K and it works well for me, no issues in terms of latest gen gaming.

Maybe you could consider e.g. AMD Radeon 280X for $450ish, sell your GTX580 to meet budget ?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,287
Reaction score
420
Save another $100 more for the powercolour r9 290 pcs+ at $499 (Ban Leong promo, while stock last)
 

easybets

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2011
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Would it be worth it to upgrade to the R9 280/290? how much can I sell my 2nd hand GTX 580? If there isn't much of a performance boost, I think I'll just invest in new mouse & headset instead
 

ArmedandDamgerous

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
My opinion is that for $400, not much can be done ?

I'm still using 2700K and it works well for me, no issues in terms of latest gen gaming.

Maybe you could consider e.g. AMD Radeon 280X for $450ish, sell your GTX580 to meet budget ?

A 280x = 7970GHz = Not a huge difference from a 580 and not worth the change.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top