How to disable emergency call button?

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
When you use pattern lock in Samsung, there is a Emergency call button at the bottom middle. That button can be pressed when phone is locked. I did not set anything.

Will that button call to anywhere if I accidentally pressed it and pressed it inside Emergency call screen?

Is there a way to disable Emergency call button?

Sometimes when I take phone out from my pocket, I notice Emergency call button is already pressed and I am inside the Emergency call screen.
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
When you use pattern lock in Samsung, there is a Emergency call button at the bottom middle. That button can be pressed when phone is locked. I did not set anything.

Will that button call to anywhere if I accidentally pressed it and pressed it inside Emergency call screen?

Is there a way to disable Emergency call button?

Sometimes when I take phone out from my pocket, I notice Emergency call button is already pressed and I am inside the Emergency call screen.

To my limited knowledge, u cannot call unless u link the emergency mode to a list of contacts. It will not allow a dial out. Why would u want to disable the emergency call button? To me, it's a good feature tat allows a quick call to a specified nbr. In dire circumstances, it can be a life saver. It also allows a good samaritan(rare breed) who pick up ur lost phone to make a call to the specified nbr.

For most times, u will not use it...but come a day when u need it.....u may wish u've set it up....but didn't.
 
Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
35
To my limited knowledge, u cannot call unless u link the emergency mode to a list of contacts. It will not allow a dial out. Why would u want to disable the emergency call button? To me, it's a good feature tat allows a quick call to a specified nbr. In dire circumstances, it can be a life saver. It also allows a good samaritan(rare breed) who pick up ur lost phone to make a call to the specified nbr.

For most times, u will not use it...but come a day when u need it.....u may wish u've set it up....but didn't.

Q1 So just to confirm, by default when I am at the emergency mode screen I will not accidentally call out to any number because no number is set up yet correct? (I did not set anything, I see four + buttons at the top)

Q2 Emergency call screen got a number keypad. What are the numbers that you can dial and call out from there?

Streetwise, you actually set up and use emergency call button?
 

Streetwise

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
0
Q1 So just to confirm, by default when I am at the emergency mode screen I will not accidentally call out to any number because no number is set up yet correct? (I did not set anything, I see four + buttons at the top)

Q2 Emergency call screen got a number keypad. What are the numbers that you can dial and call out from there?

Streetwise, you actually set up and use emergency call button?

Q1. The + is for u to link to contacts u defined as ICE emergency nbrs.
Q2. If u tried dialing a nbr not linked to the contacts...it will not activate...as far as I know.

Yes, I did set up the emergency nbr.....as I feel that in certain circumstances.....it will allow a quick call. Just think...trying to unlock the phone to make a call....when u're in a panic/bad situation where time is of the essence....can u unlock ur phone in time?? Also, if I lost my phone(knock on wood), it allows the stranger who picks it up an opportunity to return the phone by calling the emergency nbr.....or, if I'm badly injured.....and NO, I've not use my emergency button....yet....but I did test it out.....nbrs not linked will not dial out.....nbrs linked will go thru.

Can pple misuse ur emergency nbr.....yes....but the phone should be with u most times and even if they call the emergency nbr...it's link probably to ur love ones like ur parents.....and why would someone call ur parents? :D.

Having said all that......I hve secured my phone with as much security as possible...making it a big hassle for anyone to try to unlock/reset the phone for their use/sale.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top