invisible999
Master Member
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2012
- Messages
- 3,565
- Reaction score
- 2
Hello everybody,
A very practical and short question - how can I can USD in Singapore with minimum fees and commissions except going to Arcade?
Now a longer explanation: I need to do telegraphic (wire) transfer of USD in third country. Problem is that if I use SGD to wire money then there will be following fees:
- Local outgoing bank's (in the case DBS) fee
- Exchange fee on top of the Interbank exchange rate. DBS adds 2%
- Intermediate bank's fee
- Recipient bank's fee
At the end, if sending $10K, fees are ending up $250 and more. Not acceptable to me.
If I open account in USD at DBS and use that account to send money, that there will be only ibanking fee but not add-on fee on the exchange rate. So the goal is to get USD with minimum commission/fees here, in Singapore and deposit it to DBS.
Your constructive feedback is appreciated.
A very practical and short question - how can I can USD in Singapore with minimum fees and commissions except going to Arcade?
Now a longer explanation: I need to do telegraphic (wire) transfer of USD in third country. Problem is that if I use SGD to wire money then there will be following fees:
- Local outgoing bank's (in the case DBS) fee
- Exchange fee on top of the Interbank exchange rate. DBS adds 2%
- Intermediate bank's fee
- Recipient bank's fee
At the end, if sending $10K, fees are ending up $250 and more. Not acceptable to me.
If I open account in USD at DBS and use that account to send money, that there will be only ibanking fee but not add-on fee on the exchange rate. So the goal is to get USD with minimum commission/fees here, in Singapore and deposit it to DBS.
Your constructive feedback is appreciated.
