I think Gold would be a good choice.
You would think so, but when Fidelity conducted their 2012 study that backtested 9 assets against inflation from 1973 to 2021, gold came in dead last (#9 of 9) as an inflation fighter, beating inflation only 54% of the time. Among commonly available investment vehicles, a bog standard global stock index fund and global REIT index fund both did better.
However, the very best inflation fighting instruments are the real return bonds/inflation-indexed bonds, which of course makes sense because they're keyed to inflation itself -- they're direct instruments. If inflation rises, their yields rise, in lockstep -- perfect correlation. And I can give a specific example appropriate for non-U.S. persons: IGIL, the iShares Global Inflation Linked Government Bond UCITS ETF, domiciled in Ireland and traded on the London Stock Exchange. IGIL invests in high quality real return sovereign bonds. It currently has the following approximate allocations:
44.5%: U.S. dollar denominated r.r. bonds (U.S. TIPS)
29.5%: British pound denominated r.r. bonds
~18%: Euro denominated r.r. bonds
3.0%: Japanese yen denominated r.r. bonds
2.0%: Canadian dollar denominated r.r. bonds
1.0%: Australian dollar denominated r.r. bonds
<2.0%: other currency denominated r.r. bonds
The allocation to defend against British pound inflation is a little high for my tastes, but it'll combat any Brexit-related inflation rather well if it comes to pass. The expense ratio is a rather reasonable 25 basis points.
If you want U.S. dollar inflation defense specifically, i.e. a U.S. TIPS fund, then ITPS is available, also with 25 basis points of annual expense. It's also possible to buy U.S. Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) directly through most U.S. brokers, at least. And if you have U.S. personhood or at least a U.S. TreasuryDirect account that you opened when you did, you can buy U.S. I-Bonds. You can also still buy paper U.S. I-Bonds if you have some sort of refund due from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (tax agency) and use IRS Form 8888.
I'm not necessarily recommending you buy IGIL, ITPS, U.S. TIPS, or U.S. I-Bonds, but
if you're concerned about future higher inflation then these vehicles are the best available inflation fighters.