how to repair notebook which cannot be powered up?

joo koontz

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
87
Reaction score
1
I was experiencing quite similar like yours (despite different brand) and the repair shop told me that it's the memory card was spoilt. And true enuf the mem-card was dead.
 

singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
0
Usually in such cases the mainboard failed and in most instances it is not worth to repair. You can either get a quick quote over the phone from agent for the mainboard and repair cost (usually more expensive) or go to laptop repair shops in Sim Lim for quotes. I had a friend last time replaced the mainboard for an Acer for few hundred $ and then it failed again some months later. There is suspicion shop may have used recycled parts for replacement but as the time lapsed for few months, he did not take it up further.
 

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,193
Reaction score
1,010
I have a Lenovo netbook that has the same problem. I keep trying to switch it on for many time and manage to switch on then I select recovery to auto recover it to a point of time when it can be switch on. Then I reformat it and it is still working now.
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
It is either motherboard or Processor issue. Definitely not memory issue. But not worth to repair....
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top