How to undo the stupid iTunes update?

tences

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
337
Reaction score
0
Now I can't sync my iPhone apps from my Mac anymore, and their bloody instructions to do it via App Store doesn't f**king work because my purchased Apps don't show up at all!! Getting really sick of Apple and their antics...Tim Cook sucks.
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
I don’t think iOS 11 will work well with the previous iteration of iTunes.

Edit — 9/10

Hi guys!

Good news :)
Apple released a workaround for those users who are seeking to have that ability to retain their Apps on their computer.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT208079

However do bear in mind that after updating to this version of iTunes. You’ll never be prompted to update to a newer version.

All the best!
 
Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,160
Now I can't sync my iPhone apps from my Mac anymore, and their bloody instructions to do it via App Store doesn't f**king work because my purchased Apps don't show up at all!! Getting really sick of Apple and their antics...Tim Cook sucks.

if u want to install old apps just drag n drop...
 

victorp

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Now I can't sync my iPhone apps from my Mac anymore, and their bloody instructions to do it via App Store doesn't f**king work because my purchased Apps don't show up at all!! Getting really sick of Apple and their antics...Tim Cook sucks.
I used to be religious in making sure I had a copy of the apps that I have downloaded on my Mac and keep them updated when available. Recently I sat down and realized that other than transferring apps faster from my Mac when restoring my iOS devices, I have never reinstall those apps I deleted from my iOS devices. As such, I went ahead and updated iTunes.

By the way, I can still see my very old purchases or freebies in my Purchase list. However, quite a number of them have their cloud-download icon dimmed—most probably they are 32-bit apps which can’t be used on 64-bit iOS devices.
 

tences

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
337
Reaction score
0
I don’t think iOS 11 will work well with the previous iteration of iTunes.

I haven't updated to iOS 11 and don't intend to do so anymore (especially after hearing all the complaints about it).

if u want to install old apps just drag n drop...

Not sure what you mean.

I used to be religious in making sure I had a copy of the apps that I have downloaded on my Mac and keep them updated when available. Recently I sat down and realized that other than transferring apps faster from my Mac when restoring my iOS devices, I have never reinstall those apps I deleted from my iOS devices. As such, I went ahead and updated iTunes.

By the way, I can still see my very old purchases or freebies in my Purchase list. However, quite a number of them have their cloud-download icon dimmed—most probably they are 32-bit apps which can’t be used on 64-bit iOS devices.

Maybe that's you but I have uninstalled and reinstalled my apps so I definitely want that functionality.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,160
Thanks for the article, it offers a temporary solution.

But I still prefer syncing with computer and can't find the restore instructions on the website though...

it's right there. I've read thru e article...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
You can still sync with computer and has a local backup.. I'm doing it now for my ipad.

What changes now is that the ipa files are not stored locally. Only..

Thanks for the article, it offers a temporary solution.

But I still prefer syncing with computer and can't find the restore instructions on the website though...
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,482
Reaction score
3,160
Ah thanks found it, but woah sounds risky though. Sigh...

risky? sounds pretty straightforward to me. else learn to live with it. feature not likely to come back anytime soon...
 

tences

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
337
Reaction score
0
risky? sounds pretty straightforward to me. else learn to live with it. feature not likely to come back anytime soon...

The part about backing up first. Yeah might have no choice but to live with it, but really regret updating in the first place...
 

RedRedWine

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
45,265
Reaction score
3,451
A tech savvy friend once told me cus ip4 got corrupted due to update

Never update unless u absolutely have to meaning apps not working etc etc
 

tences

Banned
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
337
Reaction score
0
A tech savvy friend once told me cus ip4 got corrupted due to update

Never update unless u absolutely have to meaning apps not working etc etc

Yah learnt the hard way...so now I'm not going to update my iPhone to the new iOS either, especially after hearing all the news about battery life being affected.
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,225
Reaction score
320
Hi guys!

Good news :)
Apple released a workaround for those users who are seeking to have that ability to retain their Apps on their computer.

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT208079

However do bear in mind that after updating to this version of iTunes. You’ll never be prompted to update to a newer version.

All the best!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top