How would steepen yield curve affect yen?

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
9,605
Reaction score
854
Theoretically will yen become more valuable?

I'm assuming we're talking about the JGB curve here, since you're talking about yen.

My intuition would be that a steeper JGB curve isn't going to have too much outright effect on JPY; the outright level of interest rates has a much stronger effect on FX, because at a very very macro level the thing that drives FX flows is the yields that people get for investing in a particular currency.

I might try and hop on a Bloomy this afternoon and do some rough analysis of this just to check my intuition, but I think the answer's going to be "not really".
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top