How you purchase your iMac that time?

Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
My iMac brought in the year 2011, noticed kinda slow

cross my fingers still can last for me many years.

I only wait till completely break down than will buy new one.

recently update to latest OSX so far " seem ok " but noticed lag in Mai will scroll up and down for new mails. etc but overall still working fine.

I remember I personally carry it back take MRT go back home. Perhaps mine is just 21inch so quite ok to personally carry it

I don't know those who get 27 inch how etc :)

I curious for those next time want to buy imac is wait for complete break down? or if you got extra budget will just get new one? How you carry back or order online via Apple SG website.

Lastly how you all save those reading list aka bookmark to thumb drive as back up? I don't wish to save on thumb drive.

Just need to copy paste all those bookmarks on note than email as back up.

Any one knows how to extract those links from bookmark thanks
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
My iMac brought in the year 2011, noticed kinda slow

cross my fingers still can last for me many years.

I only wait till completely break down than will buy new one.

recently update to latest OSX so far " seem ok " but noticed lag in Mai will scroll up and down for new mails. etc but overall still working fine.

I remember I personally carry it back take MRT go back home. Perhaps mine is just 21inch so quite ok to personally carry it

I don't know those who get 27 inch how etc :)

I curious for those next time want to buy imac is wait for complete break down? or if you got extra budget will just get new one? How you carry back or order online via Apple SG website.

Lastly how you all save those reading list aka bookmark to thumb drive as back up? I don't wish to save on thumb drive.

Just need to copy paste all those bookmarks on note than email as back up.

Any one knows how to extract those links from bookmark thanks

i will replace if it is causing too much trouble just to use it.
While I hasn't brought an iMac before, all my macbooks are order online via Apple SG website because there is really no different from buying from store like nubox, etc.

personally I use iCloud to sync my bookmarks.
 

slogd3ad

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
829
Reaction score
4
Apple recently made an official for Macbook Pro 2010 as an obsolete product.

My Macbook Pro 15'' Late 2011 is already waiting for its turn. And I'm planning to upgrade soon after they release a new Mac line-up.

Hope yours will last longer.
Don't upgrade a new Mac OS, just because it's tempting. One of the reasons why my Macbook Pro is abit lagging/heavy...
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
Apple recently made an official for Macbook Pro 2010 as an obsolete product.

My Macbook Pro 15'' Late 2011 is already waiting for its turn. And I'm planning to upgrade soon after they release a new Mac line-up.

Hope yours will last longer.
Don't upgrade a new Mac OS, just because it's tempting. One of the reasons why my Macbook Pro is abit lagging/heavy...


I already encounter slightly lag to be frank etc

but I using 3rd party app just to squeeze a bit at least cut down too much lagging

Sometimes you don't update also LPPL, ...:( They will stop support never mind problem you will find somehow a lot stuffs suddenly cannot do.

just like iPhone, I use to own iphone 4 , I rarely will upgrade electronics stuffs unless really cannot use

than many apps cannot work thus no choice i get myself iphone 6 that time.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
i will replace if it is causing too much trouble just to use it.
While I hasn't brought an iMac before, all my macbooks are order online via Apple SG website because there is really no different from buying from store like nubox, etc.

personally I use iCloud to sync my bookmarks.

hmm problem perhaps is space.

Mac books old ones still can easily put one side

but for iMac you need space to place new iMac

for me in fact i love my iMac just that as usual New OSX always will lag the older iMac or macbook

my habit is use only till really cannot use than change :s34:
 

neubie

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
0
hmm problem perhaps is space.

Mac books old ones still can easily put one side

but for iMac you need space to place new iMac

for me in fact i love my iMac just that as usual New OSX always will lag the older iMac or macbook

my habit is use only till really cannot use than change :s34:

If funds allow, replace the mechanical HDD to a SSD and max out ram, fresh install MacOS Sierra and it should work as good as new.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
If funds allow, replace the mechanical HDD to a SSD and max out ram, fresh install MacOS Sierra and it should work as good as new.

problem hard to find trusted reliable 3rd party to do it.

I lose touch on hardware stuffs. I don't follow up much on hardware stuffs.
 

neubie

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
0
problem hard to find trusted reliable 3rd party to do it.

I lose touch on hardware stuffs. I don't follow up much on hardware stuffs.

i'm sure the helpful bros here will recommend some reliable shops to do the upgrade for your iMac.

Mac is generally very reliable for years and lasts many major releases of OS.
 

gunbound_boy

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2004
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
I have a 21.5" mid-2011 iMac which I just recently upgraded the hard disk from HDD to SSD. I also used the chance to bump up the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. Bought the SSD, RAM and parts to dismantle the iMac all from OWC (www.macsales.com).

The iMac is blazing fast now and is as good as new! I upgraded to MacOS Sierra after that as well.

You should seriously consider it. I spent about $500 for the upgrade, but my iMac can probably last me another 5 years now.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
I have a 21.5" mid-2011 iMac which I just recently upgraded the hard disk from HDD to SSD. I also used the chance to bump up the RAM from 8GB to 16GB. Bought the SSD, RAM and parts to dismantle the iMac all from OWC (www.macsales.com).

The iMac is blazing fast now and is as good as new! I upgraded to MacOS Sierra after that as well.

You should seriously consider it. I spent about $500 for the upgrade, but my iMac can probably last me another 5 years now.

i not hardware expert.thus don't know DIY for it.
 

000kai000

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
25,092
Reaction score
0
i purchase my iMac in 2010... it serve me really well throughout the years...

really love the display and the all in one factor which reduces the need for wires....

not until few months ago... it finally GFX card uplorryz... sianz half... as it was out of warranty...

had ask around those 3rd party repair... was quoted 400-500 plus for gfx card replacement for a 6 year old machine... :(

probably waiting for a iMac refresh den buy their re-furbished last gen set...

meanwhile currently using my macbook pro... which serve me well... less the big screen... haha ... :(
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
150,482
Reaction score
11
i purchase my iMac in 2010... it serve me really well throughout the years...

really love the display and the all in one factor which reduces the need for wires....

not until few months ago... it finally GFX card uplorryz... sianz half... as it was out of warranty...

had ask around those 3rd party repair... was quoted 400-500 plus for gfx card replacement for a 6 year old machine... :(

probably waiting for a iMac refresh den buy their re-furbished last gen set...

meanwhile currently using my macbook pro... which serve me well... less the big screen... haha ... :(

lo, you still have Macbook pro standby at least.

For me Only iMac only computer.

Presently I cross my finger still can use , although sometimes lag and as usual " famous colour ball appear " but still can use .

I mainly use for work.
 

neubie

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
0
I stand corrected but the impression I got is those models, be it portables or desktop that come with dedicated graphics chip set (not the built-in Intel graphics) are not that reliable.
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I bought my 2011 refurbished imac in 2012. Put in ssd and its still running fast now.. Used a thunderbolt to usb 3 adapter to connect to my array of hard disks... Now my imac is my main computer..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top