HTPC build

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,212
Reaction score
17,455
is the gpu necessary? i read some source saying the gpu does help.

Depends on the purpose for your HTPC lor. If need to play some intensive games, then maybe need GPU. The CPU maybe also need a quad-core or more.
 

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
24,921
Reaction score
10
If you are not limited by narrow spaces (ie the need to put it in a small TV console) then I suggest a normal desktop casing, for better airflow and can use normal ATX PSUs.

I considered full casing. but cannot la, my laobu later complain.

Small and sweet, I think she okay with it :s13::s13:
 

Jian19

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
100,797
Reaction score
27,538
I7-4790 + Gigabyte h97m d3h ~ $550
Crucial 8gb ddr3 x 2 ~ $202
Inwin bk 644 ~ $103

$855 buy and DIY @ pctheme ask for discount ~
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,212
Reaction score
17,455
I considered full casing. but cannot la, my laobu later complain.

Small and sweet, I think she okay with it :s13::s13:

Then this one ok or not? $15 only and can still accommodate normal ATX PSUs. Only peeve is that it's a chore if need to put in backplate for CPU cooler with mobo mounted, and need to remove PSU before removing mobo.

I'm not the seller.
WTS : Casing
 

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
24,921
Reaction score
10
Then this one ok or not? $15 only and can still accommodate normal ATX PSUs. Only peeve is that it's a chore if need to put in backplate for CPU cooler with mobo mounted, and need to remove PSU before removing mobo.

I'm not the seller.
WTS : Casing

that one does look fairly reasonable.. means I need to factor in psu cost seperately now right
 

wtfh4x

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
210
If you going to use it with components that emit a lot of heat I wouldn't recommend that case. I have one and it gets hot fast. PSU can't breathe properly also.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top