Huawei Backup and Restore, and Google Backup

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
Hi, would like to know in details how Huawei's own Backup and Restore, and Google Backup works?

I am considering sending my phone for battery change with Huawei, but the only thing that is holding me back is the factory reset that one need to perform prior the service centre will accept our phones.

I was tinkering the idea of getting a cheap Huawei phone to clone my data. And once I got back the phone, I'll use the standby phone to clone the data back onto the serviced phone. I had done this before and find the cloning quite efficient, as the cloned phone has most of the data/app/photos/settings and etc intact.

I have not used the Huawei's Backup and Restore, and Google Backup before, hence would like some feedback on it

TIA.
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,527
Reaction score
32,455
just use the system backup
your files are still intact even after factory reset
please give it a try after you backup on another storage if you don't feel safe
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,527
Reaction score
32,455
LgT3ipj.jpg


on my 2nd set mate 20x bought in July 2019, my previous backup on the previous mate 20x are still intact lol
 

OutBreak

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2002
Messages
35,032
Reaction score
8,617
You should use Huawei Cloud and HiSuite for backup.

BTW TS, I thought you already changed the battery by yourself?
 
Last edited:

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
that was informative!

didn't know Huawei backup is so useful!

Thank you everyone!

not yet bro. I have been contemplating.

My friend told me the glass cover is fragile and tend to break if you are not careful.

2nd, local battery doesn't come with the cutout double sided tape. So need to order the battery from TB and probably shipped by sea shipping.

You should use Huawei Cloud and HiSuite for backup.

BTW TS, I thought you already changed the battery by yourself?
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,527
Reaction score
32,455
not cloud since I never logged into Huawei account, its found under settings >system>backup
 

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2002
Messages
12,225
Reaction score
2,224
hmm but after you reset your phone, where are those data stored?

did you save it to an external storage or Hisuite?

not cloud since I never logged into Huawei account, its found under settings >system>backup
 

1982-1994

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
61,527
Reaction score
32,455
oops soli, I never stated myself clear enough,
save on either nano card or PC
my bad
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top