Huawei E5786 Cat 6 LTE MiFi

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I'm currently using the above model, and is experiencing intermittent disconnection of wifi connection with my note 4 and other wireless devices. I have tried to reset, change to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, turn of power saving etc, but still experiencing random disconnection of wifi. It just shows "checking wifi availability".

Any suggestion guys?
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,733
Reaction score
133
WiFi. 4G is still always connected as indicated on screen..

Not qhuite sure about Huawei. I use TO link no issue. Try to set WiFi to fix channel if there is such option. Problemm with Huawei is firmware fix is virtually non.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Not qhuite sure about Huawei. I use TO link no issue. Try to set WiFi to fix channel if there is such option. Problemm with Huawei is firmware fix is virtually non.

i know right... I am aiming at tplink m7350..
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,733
Reaction score
133
Unlikely. Now new driver in support website. ..

As in MiFi. Do not think it need a driver.
In any case. I find many of these devices is parallel imported. (ie unlock model). Not sure if this cause some issue?

Even the TP link one I use, it hardly has any firmware fix or support.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
As in MiFi. Do not think it need a driver.
In any case. I find many of these devices is parallel imported. (ie unlock model). Not sure if this cause some issue?

Even the TP link one I use, it hardly has any firmware fix or support.

oh nope, i assumed that he was asking about the direct USB connection with the mifi..

it used to have an issue with mac OS X 10.10, but is now fixed for mac and the driver is available for download.

EDIT: i tested with windows 10 pro, there is no issue with the connection thus far, either via USB or wireless.
 
Last edited:

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
RE

oh nope, i assumed that he was asking about the direct USB connection with the mifi..

it used to have an issue with mac OS X 10.10, but is now fixed for mac and the driver is available for download.

EDIT: i tested with windows 10 pro, there is no issue with the connection thus far, either via USB or wireless.

So I can buy and use for my MS SP 3 running Win 10 pro, right?

BTW, which Telco did you buy from and are you using? What download/upload speed are you getting for LTE/WiFi?

Thanks. Think of getting one leh
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
So I can buy and use for my MS SP 3 running Win 10 pro, right?

BTW, which Telco did you buy from and are you using? What download/upload speed are you getting for LTE/WiFi?

Thanks. Think of getting one leh

I got it from singtel.

I didn't do a speed test at every location I go, but it's a 2x2 wireless ac mifi which shows 866mbps link rate on my note 4.

LTE speed can go up to 100+mbps down and 70+mbps up. It's too costly to do speedtest using cellular data man. Each session of speedtest can be around 150mb.. :(
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
I got it from singtel.

I didn't do a speed test at every location I go, but it's a 2x2 wireless ac mifi which shows 866mbps link rate on my note 4.

LTE speed can go up to 100+mbps down and 70+mbps up. It's too costly to do speedtest using cellular data man. Each session of speedtest can be around 150mb.. :(

Hi thanks for the reply. One last question. How is the device connected to your PC/Ultraportable? By WiFi Direct, USB or how? The reason I ask is because my MS SP3 don't have WiFi Direct.

M1 selling for $288 without contract. Singtel retailer selling $399 without contract. Any difference if buy from M1 and use Singtel sim card?
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi thanks for the reply. One last question. How is the device connected to your PC/Ultraportable? By WiFi Direct, USB or how? The reason I ask is because my MS SP3 don't have WiFi Direct.

M1 selling for $288 without contract. Singtel retailer selling $399 without contract. Any difference if buy from M1 and use Singtel sim card?

I suggest u check with M1 if the price is correct. As far as I know, huawei also controlled the price. Even challenger is selling at 399.

Surface pro 3 should connect wirelessly to e5786. There shouldn't be a problem.
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
I suggest u check with M1 if the price is correct. As far as I know, huawei also controlled the price. Even challenger is selling at 399.

Surface pro 3 should connect wirelessly to e5786. There shouldn't be a problem.

Surface Pro 3 has no WiFi Direct so how to connect to E5786 device wirelessly? I know the E5786 can be used as a USB modem through a USB cable. In this case the OS of the laptop will be involved. Does it supports Windows 10 in this case? For wireless connection no OS is involved.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Surface Pro 3 has no WiFi Direct so how to connect to E5786 device wirelessly? I know the E5786 can be used as a USB modem through a USB cable. In this case the OS of the laptop will be involved. Does it supports Windows 10 in this case? For wireless connection no OS is involved.

WiFi Direct is only for transferring data between 2 wireless devices. If ur SP3 can connect to wifi at home, then it should connect to e5786. Protocol is the same.

SP3 will also support the e5786 by USB connection, windows 10 is supported.
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
WiFi Direct is only for transferring data between 2 wireless devices. If ur SP3 can connect to wifi at home, then it should connect to e5786. Protocol is the same.

SP3 will also support the e5786 by USB connection, windows 10 is supported.

OK thanks. I just realize that my SP3 can connect to my NOTE 4 using hotspot feature. FI, I was at Singtel a while ago and they confirm if USB connection is use then Windows 10 is not supported for this device came out long before Windows 10 was released. Since there's no E5786 firmware/software update now there's no support for it.

So confirm no need to buy leow since my SP3 can surf through my Note 4's 4G
 
Last edited:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
OK thanks. I just realize that my SP3 can connect to my NOTE 4 using hotspot feature. FI, I was at Singtel a while ago and they confirm if USB connection is use then Windows 10 is not supported for this device came out long before Windows 10 was released. Since there's no E5786 firmware/software update now there's no support for it.

So confirm no need to buy leow since my SP3 can surf through my Note 4's 4G

Wah lao. You just wasted my time doing the test for you using Windows 10.

Already edited the earlier post last night saying both wifi and USB direct connection to e5786 are compatible with Windows 10, although there's no new firmware/driver available..

Mac OS 10.10 however need to download driver from huawei support..
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
Re

Wah lao. You just wasted my time doing the test for you using Windows 10.

Already edited the earlier post last night saying both wifi and USB direct connection to e5786 are compatible with Windows 10, although there's no new firmware/driver available..

Mac OS 10.10 however need to download driver from huawei support..

Sorry lah. The problem was I suddenly forgotten that the NOTE 4 can be connected to the SP3 using hotspot feature leh

See beh pai seh
 

Apparatus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2005
Messages
58,249
Reaction score
13,815
I'm getting it for $288 from M1 retailer which is cheaper than $329 offered now at COMEX
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top