Huawei mate 20 X discussion thread

Fullstop197

Reaction score
No sure why some of the guys are comparing a $400 phone with one that cost $1200?

Buy or don't buy, worth or don't worth is entirely up to you may. You like X then buy X, if like A and can afford, buy lor.

No need disturb other people and try to justify your own decision.

Your $ your choice.
Honestly, the problem is not with the price of the phone. The people who keep complaining are normally the ones who have problems buying the price range.

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is $1200 that can last for a few years & give you so much convenience / pleasure ?

A single Japan trip lasting 1 week costs more .

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have problem uploading pics but side by side you will really appreciate how much bezel makes a difference to the feel of the phone. The screen is bigger and yet the phone size is smaller , that's pretty amazing. Speed wise it's definitely smoother and faster , camera win big big since same as mate 20 pro

steady.. looking forward to seeing this in real life. it's as big as the mi max 2, duno will look weird using it or not.:s13:

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Same series usually bigger screen more ex.
Not meh ?

If everything else remains equal then probably but some specs are different. The in display fingerprint is the current "IN" trend that's why HW purposely leave it out from the regular mate 20 and the X so they can demand higher price from the pro. There are also IP68 and wireless charging flagship features missing in the X.

The main concern getting the X is portability. I've used big phones before like the Mi Max and it's seriously not fun lugging around such a big phone when it cannot fit in your jeans, I've to carry a waist pouch or a sling bag just becos of that. My car phone holder needs to be able to handle the size. It's just cumbersome at times when you don't have a free hand but found you can't reach the other end of the screen without the other hand. Also not forgetting the heavier weigh does matter when you carry it for long period of time. Anyway, all these probably just nitpicking but after changing to a smaller phone, you will actually appreciate those factors

Last edited:

Skyy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H0YpqIC39dw

Seeing the review and unboxing, the HK 20x uses the SG version of the power adaptor, cos it has the Safety Mark also

laeticia

Reaction score
The main concern getting the X is portability. I've used big phones before like the Mi Max and it's seriously not fun lugging around such a big phone when it cannot fit in your jeans, I've to carry a waist pouch or a sling bag just becos of that. My car phone holder needs to be able to handle the size. It's just cumbersome at times when you don't have a free hand but found you can't reach the other end of the screen without the other hand. Also not forgetting the heavier weigh does matter when you carry it for long period of time. Anyway, all these probably just nitpicking but after changing to a smaller phone, you will actually appreciate those factors
It's not so bad for a female since I can slot it in my handbag. I used my Samsung Tab S 8.4" before for my primary phone until I couldn't stand the terrible camera any longer. Can't wait for Mate 20X to be launched locally!

Fullstop197

Reaction score
If everything else remains equal then probably but some specs are different. The in display fingerprint is the current "IN" trend that's why HW purposely leave it out from the regular mate 20 and the X so they can demand higher price from the pro. There are also IP68 and wireless charging flagship features missing in the X.

Using mate 9 prev. Then got p20 Pro. Good phone, just that prefer bigger size than p20 Pro. So it depends individual what they want

Sent from HUAWEI CLT-L29 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.