Huawei Mate Xs 2

newuserid

Reaction score
Anyone with this phone can I check if can use for ez link?
Ez link as in using it as a transport card via NFC?
If so yes you can.
Either Huawei wallet with union pay credit card (which boc or uob has) or singtel dash or Samsung pay using Samsung watch or ez link app (didn't try though)

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
conclusion good or bad?
all along I do not pin on high hope on such folding phone because battery is confirm cui one
they should consider to upsize the capacity to 5500mAh if they are sticking to 7.8"-8" size
yeah I understand the frame will be thicker, give and take

anyway mate XS is on kirin 990 chipset, and it has better battery life with 0.2" larger screen too

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ez link as in using it as a transport card via NFC?
If so yes you can.
Either Huawei wallet with union pay credit card (which boc or uob has) or singtel dash or Samsung pay using Samsung watch or ez link app (didn't try though)
Use Singtel dash . It works perfectly

OUJIOUJI

Reaction score
Anyone know why local set huawei mate xs2 can't install GMS?. but CN set can install GMS?.

MisterA9

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have not been in HWZ for donkey years and I am glad I found this group.

Been a Samsung Fold user since 1 to 3 and glad that I did the switch finally!

I am able to solved many issues on XS2 and like to share with everyone of you. Feel free to ask me questions and we can exchange tips.

Tips
1. Payment wise you can use Dash. But the powerful thing is that you can apply for AP-1 card and add it inside Huawei Wallet. Go to NFC settings and you can choose which card you like to use as default when touch at payment terminal (Dash or Huawei Wallet using AP-1)

2. OCBC and Gojek is able to work using gSpace app. And one thing I like is thst in gSpace, you can actually add the app on the desktop of the phone (do you call it desktop? LOL)

Gojek handphone number authentication is a bit troublesome but it will work using gSpace app.

3. Download Aurora for GooglePlayStore clone. And you can even update the apps eith a touch.

4. Download YouTube Vanced to substitute YouTube.

5. I ditched my Samsung Watch 3 and bought the Huawei GT3 Pro and I am surprised by the battery power (I only need to charge it once every 4 days of usage compared to my old watch which is every 6 hours). The strap material and watch body is comfortable and I totally recommand it!

Questions
1. Until now I can't figure out how to add Grab Card to any app for NFC payment as I used to do that using Samsung Pay.

2. Also anyone able to use GooglePay or GPay, please teach me as it cannot be use using gspace app.

3. Anyone can solve the notification issue with gSpace? As the apps have to be in the background in order to receive notification but somehow the phone itself will shut the apps off after a while. Anyone knows why?

newuserid

Reaction score
Did thought about applying for the card before. But AP1 card need to top up, then transaction codes may not be recognized by credit card banks as the right purchase categories. Hence, may not stack cash back. Apple pay, Samsung pay and Google pay are more like pass through. So currently still using Samsung pay via galaxy watch for transport, dining and supermarket purchases. Get Samsung points + cc rebates.

Can share what are the transaction codes for AP1?

newuserid

Reaction score
I don't trust gspace, so not adding any bank or payment apps inside that sandbox.
Also gspace sucks batt. But I still have it installed

MisterA9

Reaction score
Did thought about applying for the card before. But AP1 card need to top up, then transaction codes may not be recognized by credit card banks as the right purchase categories. Hence, may not stack cash back. Apple pay, Samsung pay and Google pay are more like pass through. So currently still using Samsung pay via galaxy watch for transport, dining and supermarket purchases. Get Samsung points + cc rebates.

Can share what are the transaction codes for AP1?
Not sure the code and one thing i dislike is if the terminal doesnt support unionpay, it can't work

tott_2003

Reaction score
Hello bros, can someone confirm that ocbc app can be used? Am thinking to changing to this phone from z fold 4.. cheers

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any further feedback on the phone?

any issues encountered using HMS?

or GMS is still preferred?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.