Huawei Matebook X Pro

我的超酷故事

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
825
Reaction score
12
How to buy from Amazon? Direct? Any GST?

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-MateBook-Signature-i7-8550U-GeForce/dp/B07CTHN94Z/ + install RateX on Chrome browser. Pay using RateX's USD the exchange rate is better than using Amazon's.

Do note that the price on Amazon fluctuates a lot every other day. Best to set up a camelcamelcamel.com price tracker and monitor. For me I set it to notify if it drops below US1200 and pulled the trigger at $1199. (Missed the $1139 deal).
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Toahiba no good?

That time Toshiba NVme got issue after Windows update, the Read & Write speed drop tremendously to turtle speed.
Now I'm not sure cos I had changed to Samsung Nvme 970 Pro long ago.
 

mdax23

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
59
That time Toshiba NVme got issue after Windows update, the Read & Write speed drop tremendously to turtle speed.
Now I'm not sure cos I had changed to Samsung Nvme 970 Pro long ago.

Many many updates after that still not corrected?
 

Reborns

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
我的超酷故事;120285073 said:
https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-MateBook-Signature-i7-8550U-GeForce/dp/B07CTHN94Z/ + install RateX on Chrome browser. Pay using RateX's USD the exchange rate is better than using Amazon's.

Do note that the price on Amazon fluctuates a lot every other day. Best to set up a camelcamelcamel.com price tracker and monitor. For me I set it to notify if it drops below US1200 and pulled the trigger at $1199. (Missed the $1139 deal).

wah i learn a lot from this post alone...
got such thing as camelcamelcamel ahahhaha
 

randylol123

Junior Member
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
我的超酷故事;120285073 said:
https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-MateBook-Signature-i7-8550U-GeForce/dp/B07CTHN94Z/ + install RateX on Chrome browser. Pay using RateX's USD the exchange rate is better than using Amazon's.

Do note that the price on Amazon fluctuates a lot every other day. Best to set up a camelcamelcamel.com price tracker and monitor. For me I set it to notify if it drops below US1200 and pulled the trigger at $1199. (Missed the $1139 deal).
I ordered at 1199 but amazon for some reason went and cancelled my order so now I'm waiting for the price drop again. Haizzzz
 

我的超酷故事

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
825
Reaction score
12
wah i learn a lot from this post alone...
got such thing as camelcamelcamel ahahhaha

:s13: glad my post helped! There are also Amazon price tracker apps you can download. At least there's a couple on Google Play store.

My i7 $1199 unit arrived today! (Ordered on 13th Apr). Total damage $1,798.05 Sing dollars (include priority shipping + tax).
 

NMSS_2

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
32,324
Reaction score
1
any matte screen protector to recommend?

the screen is pretty reflective in bright environment.
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
any matte screen protector to recommend?

the screen is pretty reflective in bright environment.

You can install it at Sim Lim Square. That's where I installed mine. I don't really recall the shop number though, but I remember that it was 4th floor, and it was some corner shop. When I was asking around for laptop screen protector, the lady asked if I wanted clear or matte. They don't sell any pre-sized screen protector for our laptops, so they'll need to measure out and custom cut from a bigger piece.

Cost around 20+.
 

NMSS_2

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
32,324
Reaction score
1
You can install it at Sim Lim Square. That's where I installed mine. I don't really recall the shop number though, but I remember that it was 4th floor, and it was some corner shop. When I was asking around for laptop screen protector, the lady asked if I wanted clear or matte. They don't sell any pre-sized screen protector for our laptops, so they'll need to measure out and custom cut from a bigger piece.

Cost around 20+.

Does it affect the clarity of the screen? like blurriness of the words.
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Does it affect the clarity of the screen? like blurriness of the words.

I installed the clear one. No issues encountered whatsoever. In fact, it's ness smudgy now. Lesser fingerprints on the screen.
 

berber

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
2,636
Reaction score
82
Might want to consider tempered glass protector as well although the con is that its not going to be matte. Read that the screen is quite sensitive.
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Might want to consider tempered glass protector as well although the con is that its not going to be matte. Read that the screen is quite sensitive.

I don't think tempered glass SP is advisable since that will mean you can't fully close the laptop. How do I know this? I am currently using those rubbery/jelly-like keyboard cover for the Matebook X Pro, which is super thin, and even then, when I open up my laptop every morning on my desk, I can see the prints of the square key-caps on my screen. I don't carry my laptop around. I only close my laptop lid every day before I leave my desk. This is what leads me to believe that the Matebook X Pro actually closes quite flush with everything inside. I imagine that if you have a tempered glass SP, it might either hurt the screen (since tempered glass SPs are generally thicker than plastic/film SPs), or the keyboard; especially so if you carry your laptop around when closed.
 

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
22,276
Reaction score
209
Guys
My mate book pro x is not charging even when the charger is plugged in.
I tried using both USB C slots but no use

Any advice please?
 

ksksksks

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
3
Try this.

Open PC manager -> Power Management -> Power optimizations ->
Others -> Battery Protection:
Choose Family Mode or Office Mode or Travel Mode


Guys
My mate book pro x is not charging even when the charger is plugged in.
I tried using both USB C slots but no use

Any advice please?
 

tutonic

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
10
Guys
My mate book pro x is not charging even when the charger is plugged in.
I tried using both USB C slots but no use

Any advice please?

If you're using the included charger, make sure you plug the usb-c cable properly into the charging brick. There needs to be a click-type of feeling at the end.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top