HWZ programmers wake up your fugging idea

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
33,703
Reaction score
2,865
Yes please, use the right forums, else you're complaining amounts to nothing.

Possible to check with you if yesterday's promoted thread on EDMW was on the so-called "right forums" ?

Shouldn't similar actions to move it to its appropriate sub-forum be carried out?

What if my thread has been removed by a moderator/administrator when it was promoted?
A: Your thread will only be removed if it breaches any of HardwareZone's Terms of Service. Refunds will not be given in such instances as well.
Does a promoted post in the wrong sub-forum violated HardwareZone's Terms of Service?
If yes, then I've got nothing to say.

I just feel that the selective moving of threads around for the purpose of balancing your readership among the sub-forums is pointless.

Anyway, low chances of me viewing any replies to this post as I dun check this sub-forum often, maybe once a bluemoon or when I am wrongfully infracted.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,151
Reaction score
3,121
Hello,

1) What was yesterday's promoted post thread? A link would be great. Was someone affected by it?

2) Selective moving of content - refer to one of my EDMW stickies. There's too much volume in EDMW that the database has be constantly pruned. In a few months, several threads would cease to exist. EDMW is great for just current happenings and discussions - beyond the "now", sadly useful discussions would just disappear. There's no balance that can be figured out other than moving relevant threads out to preserve them longer and have a form of categorization. EDMW is too diverse, but that alone isn't the problem - there are also an equal number of useless threads that clutter that place.


3) Viewing and replying - well, what makes you think you can view this thread if it's still in EDMW? It has to be a very active discussion if at all you can view this again, else it will never attain visibility. There's much better ways of checking back on the discussions that you've participated, such as searching threads based on forum nickname, etc. Or using our new iPhone forum app that keeps a good history of your recently accessed, replied discussions.

Similarly, complains in EDMW would just get drowned in the mass of other discussions. It's just pure luck I stumbled upon it.

Other forum sections exist for focused and relevant discussions. If everyone's lazy to access the relevant forum sections, that's just sad. It's like saying you've no interests whatsoever and you're just browsing. For that purpose, there's the latest threads tool.


Possible to check with you if yesterday's promoted thread on EDMW was on the so-called "right forums" ?

Shouldn't similar actions to move it to its appropriate sub-forum be carried out?

Does a promoted post in the wrong sub-forum violated HardwareZone's Terms of Service?
If yes, then I've got nothing to say.

I just feel that the selective moving of threads around for the purpose of balancing your readership among the sub-forums is pointless.

Anyway, low chances of me viewing any replies to this post as I dun check this sub-forum often, maybe once a bluemoon or when I am wrongfully infracted.
 

Windborn79

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
6,807
Reaction score
3
Just use adblock and noscript.

A must have tools in order to survive today's internet. Unless you like advertisements and pop-ups.

Meh, I didn't install them since my PC crashed 6 months ago and no issues. Was forced to do so recently because hwz kept crashing on firefox.

They must have installed some new script recently.
 

layman

Banned
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
36,558
Reaction score
0
I'm not advocating adblock because moi want to help HWZ to earn marnee..

but HWZ on your part pls try to implement your ads effeciently so that it does not slow down the page loading or worse crashing the browser.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top