IIRC when my friend playing BF4 on his Aftershock XG15 v3 (i5 4200M + GTX 860M), he got 2x-3x fps with this setting:
Then this video showing how Asus N550JK (i7 4700HQ + GTX 850M) got 24 fps average with the same setting as above
Based on my experience with older MSI GE60 model (GT 650M),
I can just do simple overclock with stock BIOS to get the same performance as GTX 660M
So I believe the GTX 850M should be able to do the same to get the GTX 860M performance
FYI you just need to download MSI Afterburner and adjust the clock
My friend's XG15 v3 with IC Diamond thermal paste got 65 degree celcius for GPU temperature when playing games
While my overclocked GE60 0NC with Arctic MX-4 thermal paste got 67 degree celcius for GPU temperature when playing games
So I assume if if you overclock the GTX 850M, the temperature should be very close with stock GTX 860M as well
Plus both GTX 850M and GTX 860M are Maxwell version
MSI GE60 2PC Apache pros:
- Better processor heavier usage (i7 4700HQ vs i5 4200M)
- Multiple colour backlit keyboard
- Bigger & faster storage (1TB HDD 7200RPM vs 500GB HDD 5400RPM)
- Should produce better audio quality with Dynaudio
- Slightly lighter by 100 gram (2.6kg vs 2.7kg)
- Better wireless & LAN connection (Dual-Band AC wireless + Killer gaming LAN vs standard B/G/N)
- Thinner chassis with same cooling performance
Aftershock XG15 v3 (based on your configuration) pros:
- 2 HDD slots (good if in future you need larger storage)
- Better graphics without overclocking (GTX 860M vs GTX 850M)
- Able to do upgrade in future without voiding warranty and additional cost for service fee
- Awesome customer & sales service
I highly recommend for you to hands on with both laptops first
Try to compare the screen quality and type with the keyboard
Personally I prefer MSI keyboard more but I prefer the warmer colour produced on Aftershock laptops
In terms of your usage for Visual Studio and BF4, both laptops should be able to produce the same performance
You only need the i7 quad core if you're planning to heavy MMORPG/strategy games
Both laptops should be fine when using it heavily for long hours
If you gonna ask which one gonna last longer
It really depends on how you take care the laptop
So I would say MSI GE60 2PC Apache is more worth it
But again it depends on your preference
Good luck
