workalcoholic
Junior Member
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2009
- Messages
- 64
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi all
I'm looking to do a golden circle drive trip in iceland during mid oct. Have a few questions and was hoping someone who have experience can help
1) I will be renting a normal automatic hyundai car non 4x4 as i will be strictly driving around the main road of the golden circle. Would it be sufficient?
2) I have experience driving in blizzard conditions without icechains and i have find it extremely dangerous especially when blackice and deep snow comes into the picture. Will the car rental company provide winter tyres? Snow chains?
3) understand that the weather in iceland is unpredictable, will it be advisable to drive in Oct? Will the road conditions be relative ok given it is the golden circle route and no off roads.
4) any good budget car rental company to recommend? Will sgp credit card work at unmanned petrol stations without a pin?
Many thanks
I'm looking to do a golden circle drive trip in iceland during mid oct. Have a few questions and was hoping someone who have experience can help
1) I will be renting a normal automatic hyundai car non 4x4 as i will be strictly driving around the main road of the golden circle. Would it be sufficient?
2) I have experience driving in blizzard conditions without icechains and i have find it extremely dangerous especially when blackice and deep snow comes into the picture. Will the car rental company provide winter tyres? Snow chains?
3) understand that the weather in iceland is unpredictable, will it be advisable to drive in Oct? Will the road conditions be relative ok given it is the golden circle route and no off roads.
4) any good budget car rental company to recommend? Will sgp credit card work at unmanned petrol stations without a pin?
Many thanks
