ICT deferment unsuccessful

corerevival

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
Me supposed to go for ICT in May, but I got internship to do cos I ish from NTU. So I thought maybe can defer, but fwah today MINDEF tell me my deferment ish unsuccessful .

But I no choice cos my internship is for the entire holidays, right after internship finish ish school start le, cos of stupid YOG last year so this year holiday become shorter.

Now ish even more emo, cos I already book holiday overseas just before my internship start, but I have to go for briefing Means I just wasted my money on holiday?

Can I appeal for deferment?
 

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
2
Me supposed to go for ICT in May, but I got internship to do cos I ish from NTU. So I thought maybe can defer, but fwah today MINDEF tell me my deferment ish unsuccessful .

But I no choice cos my internship is for the entire holidays, right after internship finish ish school start le, cos of stupid YOG last year so this year holiday become shorter.

Now ish even more emo, cos I already book holiday overseas just before my internship start, but I have to go for briefing Means I just wasted my money on holiday?

Can I appeal for deferment?
look for ur CO,mindef dun care wan
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,705
Reaction score
4,445
in the first place if u are a full-time student in NTU, i thought u'll be placed in reserve holdings right after ORD?

call up mindef request for yr unit direct contact no, be prepared to have a student certification from NTU to be faxed to them if you havent done so in the past
 

hanqiang1011

Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2005
Messages
459
Reaction score
0
Me supposed to go for ICT in May, but I got internship to do cos I ish from NTU. So I thought maybe can defer, but fwah today MINDEF tell me my deferment ish unsuccessful .

But I no choice cos my internship is for the entire holidays, right after internship finish ish school start le, cos of stupid YOG last year so this year holiday become shorter.

Now ish even more emo, cos I already book holiday overseas just before my internship start, but I have to go for briefing Means I just wasted my money on holiday?

Can I appeal for deferment?

Go back to your unit CO during the first day after in-pro. Then show him you are a student from NTU and better still, have a letter from your school to prove that you are away for internship. I believe NTU has a branch of office to help student with NS matters...etc. If you got that letter, chances are very high you could defer.

Btw, yours is high key or low key. If low key, I think a certain win-win situation could be reached between you & your CO. If high key, then not very possible, but also certain agreement could be reached base on your NS vocation.
 

corerevival

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
Cos nowadays even if you are studying in in uni, you can also get called up during holidays.. but just happen that this holiday is my official internship so I can't miss it. My friends take MC for 1 day already kpkb by company, imagine if I want to excuse myself for one week :eek:

summore stupid YOG means sch start straight away, no time to do additional one week of internship to make up.

Now also headache cos i already booked air tickets for a short holiday, then they come and tell me I have ICT briefing and it's during the time that i'm on holiday. now I dunno if I will have to waste my $300 dollars air tickets or whether I can defer, and my friends also cannot go ahead to book accommodation cos I also cannot confirm whether I can defer or not.

I sent email to contact@ns.sg to ask for my unit CO contact, you think it will work?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,181
Reaction score
17,443
in the first place if u are a full-time student in NTU, i thought u'll be placed in reserve holdings right after ORD?

call up mindef request for yr unit direct contact no, be prepared to have a student certification from NTU to be faxed to them if you havent done so in the past

Not necessary, unless one is lucky enough to get posted to units that do not schedule their ICTs during school holidays.

There are those so-called units which mainly have the same group of people who ORDed together, and so, during the uni periods (4 to 5 years) the callups will typically be during the holidays.
 

terrykorkor

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
937
Reaction score
6
no use one, it's your CO that issue that rejection letter right ?
anyway i also kana ict at last week of my intern in ntu this year, ict last for 2+week
 

corerevival

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
no use one, it's your CO that issue that rejection letter right ?
anyway i also kana ict at last week of my intern in ntu this year, ict last for 2+week

nope, the one who issued the rejection letter is a regular, cos i googled for his name lol.
 

Z_Dash

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2001
Messages
4,636
Reaction score
253
I ever tried going through the appeal chain of command.
3 request total.
1st request my CO reject
2nd Request division reject
3rd request CMPB call back say reject.

I went MP to seek grevience after wasting 2.5mths appealing. Immediately give me all options available such as "3 days off" or "defer totally"

My case was that i have degree exam at 10am. My callback inpro @ 8am.
Given the "efficiency".....how they can guarantee my approval when i book in?

All call from mindef was to tell me "book in and request timeoff from CO"
One question and none dare to vouch for me "can guarantee i can get approval and leave by 9am?"
 

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2000
Messages
66,438
Reaction score
2
Me supposed to go for ICT in May, but I got internship to do cos I ish from NTU. So I thought maybe can defer, but fwah today MINDEF tell me my deferment ish unsuccessful .

But I no choice cos my internship is for the entire holidays, right after internship finish ish school start le, cos of stupid YOG last year so this year holiday become shorter.

Now ish even more emo, cos I already book holiday overseas just before my internship start, but I have to go for briefing Means I just wasted my money on holiday?

Can I appeal for deferment?

industrial attachment that is required by school or your own internship?? if the former get NTU shoot a letter, if the latter, glhf
 

cocotiun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
0
how come you don't know who your co is? i thought co reviews your deferment requests, no? who replied you the last time?
 

Devilsire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
11,705
Reaction score
4,445
Not necessary, unless one is lucky enough to get posted to units that do not schedule their ICTs during school holidays.

There are those so-called units which mainly have the same group of people who ORDed together, and so, during the uni periods (4 to 5 years) the callups will typically be during the holidays.

i guess different units handle things differently. Mine belong to the same specialised group who will stick together throughout nsf/reservist and basically, fulltime students after ord are placed in reserved holding for 3-4 years. But some cases where ict is arranged during holiday period, these reserved holding personnel can callup unit to volunteer for the ict commitment provided there're slots in nominal roll.


I ever tried going through the appeal chain of command.
3 request total.
1st request my CO reject
2nd Request division reject
3rd request CMPB call back say reject.

I went MP to seek grevience after wasting 2.5mths appealing. Immediately give me all options available such as "3 days off" or "defer totally"

My case was that i have degree exam at 10am. My callback inpro @ 8am.
Given the "efficiency".....how they can guarantee my approval when i book in?

All call from mindef was to tell me "book in and request timeoff from CO"
One question and none dare to vouch for me "can guarantee i can get approval and leave by 9am?"

wa your case really extreme. last i checked few years ago, deferment for exams are clearly stated approvable.
 
Last edited:

Deunamist

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
9,982
Reaction score
0
I ever tried going through the appeal chain of command.
3 request total.
1st request my CO reject
2nd Request division reject
3rd request CMPB call back say reject.

I went MP to seek grevience after wasting 2.5mths appealing. Immediately give me all options available such as "3 days off" or "defer totally"

My case was that i have degree exam at 10am. My callback inpro @ 8am.
Given the "efficiency".....how they can guarantee my approval when i book in?

All call from mindef was to tell me "book in and request timeoff from CO"
One question and none dare to vouch for me "can guarantee i can get approval and leave by 9am?"

wah then what happened after that?
 

getsby

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
8,194
Reaction score
0
just go for ur ICT la.

Last time my friend from NTU also internship from july to dec, but 2nd week of internship, he got 1 week ICT, he went for the ICT, LLST, in the end he also got grade A for the intership
 

corerevival

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
just go for ur ICT la.

Last time my friend from NTU also internship from july to dec, but 2nd week of internship, he got 1 week ICT, he went for the ICT, LLST, in the end he also got grade A for the intership

Different bro, that is Industrial Attachment. u miss one week no big deal, cos you are there for 6 months. Mine is Professional Attachment, 10 weeks only. One week missing makes a lot of difference.

Anyway, to end the story, I appealed my deferment and explained my reasons with a letter. Approved =).
 

idiotz

Master Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
2,913
Reaction score
0
Different bro, that is Industrial Attachment. u miss one week no big deal, cos you are there for 6 months. Mine is Professional Attachment, 10 weeks only. One week missing makes a lot of difference.

Anyway, to end the story, I appealed my deferment and explained my reasons with a letter. Approved =).

so where ur latest letter sent to..?
how you find your CO?
 

corerevival

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
0
so where ur latest letter sent to..?
how you find your CO?

When I appealed, you can send in additional supporting documents. I just wrote a letter and sent it to the email they provided.

I still can't find my CO. I sent in a request to get the contact of my CO to contact@ns.sg but they havent replied after 3 weeks.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top