Imessage phone number activation error and singtel

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I recently port over from m1 to singtel. During the port over, I changed over my m1 Sim to singtel Sim and wasn’t able activate iMessage with my phone number ( Apple ID and iMessage works fine).

I have been receiving this message ( REG-RESP?v=3;r=279724060;n=+65myphonenumber;s=0259CD5605FFFFFFFF7D00AA7AF25046B754A1C694DF41A69C59966D17).

I have contacted Apple and they will be getting back to me. Singtel technical support says its Apple issue. While waiting for a resolution, I’m wondering if any one of you has ever experience such issue and if it’s solely with occurs with singtel or happens with other service provider as well? And if anyone might shed some light or info on this issue.

My iMessage ( with my phone number) has been working fine up until porting over. Using the iPhone 7.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Has your porting process completed?

Hi all,

I recently port over from m1 to singtel. During the port over, I changed over my m1 Sim to singtel Sim and wasn’t able activate iMessage with my phone number ( Apple ID and iMessage works fine).

I have been receiving this message ( REG-RESP?v=3;r=279724060;n=+65myphonenumber;s=0259CD5605FFFFFFFF7D00AA7AF25046B754A1C694DF41A69C59966D17).

I have contacted Apple and they will be getting back to me. Singtel technical support says its Apple issue. While waiting for a resolution, I’m wondering if any one of you has ever experience such issue and if it’s solely with occurs with singtel or happens with other service provider as well? And if anyone might shed some light or info on this issue.

My iMessage ( with my phone number) has been working fine up until porting over. Using the iPhone 7.
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Yup, I have exhausted all the methods. Including reformatting my iphone, update my iOS to latest, changed SIM card, registered and deregistered iMessage etc. Sign up on Saturday, phone was ported on Monday.

I’m just waiting for Apple reply :)
Wanna see if it’s a common issue here in sg or if it has occur before. I googled it and found some people experiencing similar issues overseas
 

starrlightt

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
I have the same issue!! I didn't even port my number but I can't activate it on both my iPhone 8 and 6s.. Apple says it's Singtel's SMS routing fault, Singtel says it's Apple iOS 11's fault (but my 6s is still on iOS 10.3.3).. I have tried all methods as well, and also got a new SIM card.. but it doesn't work.. Apple and Singtel both say that it has been occurring a lot with singtel phones.. Apple will get back to me again tomorrow.. hope it can be resolved soon :(
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Yeah. I was running iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone 7 when the issue occured. Apple technical officer told me to update to ios11 but the problem persisted. Anyway, Apple will only get back to me on Monday. Do update here if you managed to get it resolved! Thanks! :))

I have the same issue!! I didn't even port my number but I can't activate it on both my iPhone 8 and 6s.. Apple says it's Singtel's SMS routing fault, Singtel says it's Apple iOS 11's fault (but my 6s is still on iOS 10.3.3).. I have tried all methods as well, and also got a new SIM card.. but it doesn't work.. Apple and Singtel both say that it has been occurring a lot with singtel phones.. Apple will get back to me again tomorrow.. hope it can be resolved soon :(
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
Yeah. I was running iOS 10.3.3 on iPhone 7 when the issue occured. Apple technical officer told me to update to ios11 but the problem persisted. Anyway, Apple will only get back to me on Monday. Do update here if you managed to get it resolved! Thanks! :))

Hi colourpalette, I had the EXACT same issue as you! I ported over to SingTel from M1 and I couldn't use iMessage with my phone number. Email address works fine. Called in to Apple and they weren't able to help me despite transferring me to a senior technician etc.

I managed to get it resolved by calling into SingTel to get them to do a hard reset on my line - I was constantly experiencing No Service on my phone as well, then I restored my phone as new. iMessage worked with my phone number after I did both these things.

Hope this helps.
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Nods. The technician at singtel did reset my line but I’m not sure if it’s different from hard reset. Perhaps I will give them another call and get them to do it again. Thanks for the info! Hope I can fix it as well

Hi colourpalette, I had the EXACT same issue as you! I ported over to SingTel from M1 and I couldn't use iMessage with my phone number. Email address works fine. Called in to Apple and they weren't able to help me despite transferring me to a senior technician etc.

I managed to get it resolved by calling into SingTel to get them to do a hard reset on my line - I was constantly experiencing No Service on my phone as well, then I restored my phone as new. iMessage worked with my phone number after I did both these things.

Hope this helps.
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Yeah I tried the same thing as well and was able to replicate the same issue on another device. Did u managed to get your fixed?? Or is the problem still occurring?

yes i get this message and unable to activate imessage too after porting over to singtel from m1 few days ago. confirm is singtel problem because when I use another working sim card that can activate imessage properly to the affected phone, no issue and can activate. Then I took the affected sim card to another phone that previously have imessage working also unable to activate and keep receiving the message from a +44 country sms with the reg-resp message which suppose to activate imessage from apple server but somehow passed through singtel sms server wrongly. wasted a lot of overseas messages trying to activate imessage. Not sure if can claim from singtel since it's singtel issue.


This is an iMessage response text Apple uses to validate your number. It's supposed to be intercepted by iOS and thus invisible, however its format gets altered on the way to your device and no longer looks like the standard verification text, so the OS doesn't recognize it and instead displays it to you.
 

ckh98258

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
820
Reaction score
0
Like to ask you guys that facing such issue ... did you guys just got hold of the new sim card from Singtel? That seems to be the common I found among you guys. All my Singtel line still holding the older sim card never experience such problem before.
 

starrlightt

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Hi colourpalette, I had the EXACT same issue as you! I ported over to SingTel from M1 and I couldn't use iMessage with my phone number. Email address works fine. Called in to Apple and they weren't able to help me despite transferring me to a senior technician etc.

I managed to get it resolved by calling into SingTel to get them to do a hard reset on my line - I was constantly experiencing No Service on my phone as well, then I restored my phone as new. iMessage worked with my phone number after I did both these things.

Hope this helps.

Did you just tell the technician hard reset? I’ve had my sin to line for years and even my old SIM card didn’t work. They gave me a new one but it didn’t work as well. Let me know, I’ll call them tomorrow to try and update you guys!
 

starrlightt

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
i gave up. will wait for a couple of days more to let singtel sort out the issue then try again. wasted too much overseas sms and time trying to fix this issue. even went to singtel and queued one hour just to change sim card.

If it helps I told Singtel to waive all the charges (I think mine probably sent >100 SMS because i got the message even after I stopped trying to activate the line), and they agreed so far.. just that my iMessage is still not activated. When it all resolved i’d have to call them again...
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
yes i get this message and unable to activate imessage too after porting over to singtel from m1 few days ago. confirm is singtel problem because when I use another working sim card that can activate imessage properly to the affected phone, no issue and can activate. Then I took the affected sim card to another phone that previously have imessage working also unable to activate and keep receiving the message from a +44 country sms with the reg-resp message which suppose to activate imessage from apple server but somehow passed through singtel sms server wrongly. wasted a lot of overseas messages trying to activate imessage. Not sure if can claim from singtel since it's singtel issue.


This is an iMessage response text Apple uses to validate your number. It's supposed to be intercepted by iOS and thus invisible, however its format gets altered on the way to your device and no longer looks like the standard verification text, so the OS doesn't recognize it and instead displays it to you.

I received a lot of texts from the +44 number as well! I didn't know what it was Apple's server trying to respond to my iMessage verification. Called in to SingTel to ask, and they told me to block the number, haha. Till now I still have it blocked.
 
Last edited:

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
Did you just tell the technician hard reset? I’ve had my sin to line for years and even my old SIM card didn’t work. They gave me a new one but it didn’t work as well. Let me know, I’ll call them tomorrow to try and update you guys!

Yeap, I told the technician to do a hard reset for my line.

Previously, I was experiencing intermittent No Service & inability to use iMessage with my phone number. Everything was fine after my request to hard reset and I restored, set up as new phone.
 

starrlightt

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Yeap, I told the technician to do a hard reset for my line.

Previously, I was experiencing intermittent No Service & inability to use iMessage with my phone number. Everything was fine after my request to hard reset and I restored, set up as new phone.

Hi everyone!! Thank you so much jaymessofly for the suggestion! I called them to do a reset of the network on my line as you recommended (turn off iMessage and FaceTime then switch off the phone while that is happening), then switch on and reset network settings, and then try to activate iMessage and FaceTime. It now works as well! To the rest who are having problems please do try it!! I did not have to restore my phone entirely this time by the way.. (Although in my attempt to get it to work I have previously tried restoring it once)

Hope it works for the rest of you!!
 

colourpalette

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
I think singtel and Apple worked out the issue!
I did not call in but just did a network reset on my iPhone and the turn iMessage on again! My number just got activated!!!

Thanks for updating on this thread guys!! Hope the rest of u managed to get it fixed as well!
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
Hi everyone!! Thank you so much jaymessofly for the suggestion! I called them to do a reset of the network on my line as you recommended (turn off iMessage and FaceTime then switch off the phone while that is happening), then switch on and reset network settings, and then try to activate iMessage and FaceTime. It now works as well! To the rest who are having problems please do try it!! I did not have to restore my phone entirely this time by the way.. (Although in my attempt to get it to work I have previously tried restoring it once)

Hope it works for the rest of you!!

Happy that it worked out for you :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top