Immigration to Canada

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Only 23 this year, just graduated poly last year, working as healthcare provider..
boyf is a young cook, wants to be Chef one day, open his restaurant. :s8:

Dreams of going overseas. Canada was my idea cause I like it there(my grandparents are there too but not close)

Hahah any way we can do to get there? Or what should we do or how much time should we give ourselves before we are “ready”?

Anyone in Canada? I saw a post here but the thread was too Long for me to find anything.

Thank you very muchh in advance for any input :)
 

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,770
Reaction score
1,593
I believe u can check out canada immigration website on the skills shortage list... They have a point ranking system based on ur age, qualifications and no. of yrs of experience in the sector u working it... Im planning it with my gf too....
 

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
@Jeffery745
Update
I met a Filipino lady who told me was very easy to go over. Need a settlement of 4K per person or smt. She say some of her Filipino friends who went over are only high school graduates but mostly went over as cook/ jobs that need a lot of people. But she said 6months can already.
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
@Jeffery745
Update
I met a Filipino lady who told me was very easy to go over. Need a settlement of 4K per person or smt. She say some of her Filipino friends who went over are only high school graduates but mostly went over as cook/ jobs that need a lot of people. But she said 6months can already.

You want to go to Canada to be a waitress,
kitchen help or a dishwasher at an Asian restaurant?
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Go over is easy, went as what status? U sure they PR? They explained their path? Marry some done fastest

Sg unemployment rate 2.2%, Canada 7%
 
Last edited:

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hahah I know right. Of course that’s not my intention, that’s why I’m looking around still. I’m only speaking with her because I want to know more about the immigration process. I know it’s that easy. But knowing more about immigration process should at least clear up a few stuffs. That’s what I thought.


You want to go to Canada to be a waitress,
kitchen help or a dishwasher at an Asian restaurant?
 

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Not PR. Applying, they stayed here in sg for 3-4 years till their eldest son told them he doesn’t like it here and wants to go back to Canada. So they’re moving back by this end of month.
Of course I know it isn’t as easy as she said so I’m going to find out more from her first. I saw form the website the settlement fund about 4K plus and then plus dk how many thousands per each family member.

Go over is easy, went as what status? U sure they PR? They explained their path? Marry some done fastest

Sg unemployment rate 2.2%, Canada 7%
 

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,770
Reaction score
1,593
Not PR. Applying, they stayed here in sg for 3-4 years till their eldest son told them he doesn’t like it here and wants to go back to Canada. So they’re moving back by this end of month.
Of course I know it isn’t as easy as she said so I’m going to find out more from her first. I saw form the website the settlement fund about 4K plus and then plus dk how many thousands per each family member.

Cld u share wad scheme this is? Nid hw many yrs relevant working exp?
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Applied before 2015? It appear today express entry these labor intensive jobs don’t qualify. provincial nominee Perhaps but unlikely
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...ligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html

Proof of funds is $12k not 4K so i doubt u talking about express entry
http://www.immigration.ca/proof-of-funds-for-skilled-immigrants-express-entry/

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Finds lower but no Skill level D
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/eligibility.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/proof-funds.html

Atlantic immigrants overview good read
https://www.workglobalcanada.com/atlantic-immigration-pilot-program-aipp/

Low skilled requirements for province vary
http://www.canadaexpressentry.org/provincial-nominee-program/nova-scotia.php
 
Last edited:

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Will share more when she gets back to me in Feb. Of course like Patryn33 said, need proof of funds luh. As in to go over need $4k not just have 4K then can go already hahah

Cld u share wad scheme this is? Nid hw many yrs relevant working exp?
 

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,797
Reaction score
3,596
Will share more when she gets back to me in Feb. Of course like Patryn33 said, need proof of funds luh. As in to go over need $4k not just have 4K then can go already hahah

You'll never get anywhere in life just by getting your info from friends. Have you checked the Canada immigration website? Their info will be the most updated and accurate.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Will share more when she gets back to me in Feb. Of course like Patryn33 said, need proof of funds luh. As in to go over need $4k not just have 4K then can go already hahah

Do verify friend claims.
Friend is no lawyer. Skill level D cannot go there on immigration intend.
High school went there also same from the immigration pages.

If they found a loop hole great verify the claim. Don’t be so naive go and learn the hard way. Want to leave learn to look for info independently.
If not pay for Canada immigration services.
 

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
27,508
Reaction score
47
Will share more when she gets back to me in Feb. Of course like Patryn33 said, need proof of funds luh. As in to go over need $4k not just have 4K then can go already hahah

Canada's immigration website is the best. Brother went there armed with the knowledge from the immigration website. Did homework there instead of paying some middle man exorbitant fees. Whole family there now.
 

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
7,629
Reaction score
6
Which part of Canada do you want to go? I lived in Toronto for 4 years. Nice place but winters can get cold.
 

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Guys, I know that this person’s claims of easy immigration is not reliable. All I’m looking at is that she’s proof of immigration. So I just want to know her [/u]story[/u] of how she did it.

I don’t plan to move in 6 months- I don’t have the money to. I plan to slowly save up before I’m 30, or 28 if possible and then go there. I know you guys think I’m some little naive girl who thinks she can go now with no money or info, if only the world is that easy :s8:

I want to do work holiday too, just to try it out.

Some people say, go there easy work as waiters etc. But why not?? What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with slowly picking yourself up? Or even trial and error? Of course must have the emergency funds uh. And whether we are willing to risk it all too.

So guysss, I know it’s not that easy. That’s why I’m here to learn more about choices and paths and different stories, but not entirely rely on one personal source.

Ps, I do know about the CIC website. That’s the first thing I discovered years back.
 

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I did think of Toronto but not very interested in living near my grandparents.
I also want to pursue a degree in Oral Health in UBC, so I was thinking of BC so at least is a little easier for the conversion of license or permit after graduation. There wouldn’t be a need to take pronvincial exams for the license.

Which part of Toronto did you live in? How come you lived there for 4 years only or chose to live there for 4 years?

Which part of Canada do you want to go? I lived in Toronto for 4 years. Nice place but winters can get cold.
 

Cevany

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
No way am I going to pay some middle man :D

Will definitely stay close to the website and do my homework there. Thank you!

Canada's immigration website is the best. Brother went there armed with the knowledge from the immigration website. Did homework there instead of paying some middle man exorbitant fees. Whole family there now.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Only Bach degree in oral at UBC is dental hygiene. Domestic students fees @ cad$80k for 4 yrs. only accepts 30 students each yr. international fees is cad$40k a yr.
http://www.dentistry.ubc.ca/dental-hygiene-entry-to-practice/financial-information/

Dentistry (DMD) 4 yr program needs 90 credits of undergrad to apply, they don’t accept international. Cannot take adv of Canadian edu to get pts

From my memory work holiday is not available to Singaporean. Still not avail today.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/eligibility.asp?_ga=2.204735315.2125760836.1517678931-2046564732.1517150704

Aim BC plus degree I gather you looking to save at least cad$140k plus $15k today, with each yr passing add 5% for inflation
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top