Immigration to Canada

faye13

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Personal experience with the Express Entry program was great. Applied as skilled workers (IT professionals), got an invitation to apply in around 3 months and PR visa 3 months after application. Got lucky when the scores they were taking in got lower.
 

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
7,629
Reaction score
6
I did think of Toronto but not very interested in living near my grandparents.
I also want to pursue a degree in Oral Health in UBC, so I was thinking of BC so at least is a little easier for the conversion of license or permit after graduation. There wouldn’t be a need to take pronvincial exams for the license.

Which part of Toronto did you live in? How come you lived there for 4 years only or chose to live there for 4 years?

I lived at Yonge and Finch and then Yonge and Bloor. Was doing my undergrad there :o
 

rza29

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
3,157
Reaction score
13
Personal experience with the Express Entry program was great. Applied as skilled workers (IT professionals), got an invitation to apply in around 3 months and PR visa 3 months after application. Got lucky when the scores they were taking in got lower.

When did you apply?
 

kitsura

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
11,873
Reaction score
4,098
Guys, I know that this person’s claims of easy immigration is not reliable. All I’m looking at is that she’s proof of immigration. So I just want to know her [/u]story[/u] of how she did it.

I don’t plan to move in 6 months- I don’t have the money to. I plan to slowly save up before I’m 30, or 28 if possible and then go there. I know you guys think I’m some little naive girl who thinks she can go now with no money or info, if only the world is that easy :s8:

I want to do work holiday too, just to try it out.

Some people say, go there easy work as waiters etc. But why not?? What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with slowly picking yourself up? Or even trial and error? Of course must have the emergency funds uh. And whether we are willing to risk it all too.

So guysss, I know it’s not that easy. That’s why I’m here to learn more about choices and paths and different stories, but not entirely rely on one personal source.

Ps, I do know about the CIC website. That’s the first thing I discovered years back.
If you have serious intent to immigrate there you can look for winkingdoll who was a nurse in SG before immigrating to Canada. If you're thinking of going there to work as waitress and hope to eventually get a normal work visa or PR just forget it. Go to the Canadian immigration website and count the number of points you currently have. If you fall short don't waste your time going there but spend time improving your score in SG first.
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
185
UBC ... nickname "University of Billionaires Chinese" :D
and yes that uni has lots of loaded kids, compared to the other big one, Simon Fraser's University.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
UBC ... nickname "University of Billionaires Chinese" :D
and yes that uni has lots of loaded kids, compared to the other big one, Simon Fraser's University.

If u can afford an expensive uni as international students you have to loaded naturally. Poor and be able to afford expensive school how does it happen? At least these ppl has the grades to get in there or you suggesting they donated their way in? Donated way in might as well go for Yale or Harvard.

This is interesting thread in that discriminatory comment. So many other nicks why u didn’t bring it up?
https://www.reddit.com/r/UBC/comments/5akcqe/what_is_ubc_known_for/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

This is a migration thread, no EDMW sunday thread
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top