I got a problem that I'm hoping some kind souls on this forum can enlighten me.
I am due to start my reservist in SPF this coming Tuesday (13th April). However, I had a really bad sprain last Sunday (4th April) on my ankle. I was given a week's MC and light duty for another week (till the end of this week). I forgot to ask the doctor to excuse for reservist deferment since that was the last thing on my mind when I was in the medical centre.
I am currently on crutches and I have trouble even going from my room to the toilet, let alone to the camp which is at the other end of Singapore for me. This is taking into account that I am permanently excused from heavy load so walking on crutches for anything more than a few minutes is really taxing for me, and my leg hurts if I don't keep it elevated. To make matters worse, even if I take grab, I have to take a shuttle bus to my camp (because normal vehicles are not allowed to enter that area) and the office I'm reporting to is like two levels in the basement with no lift, meaning I have to walk with crutches all the way down.
I have called my camp, they told me to email NS, which I did last Monday and they only got back to me on Friday asking me to submit any memo so they can send me to see medical officer. Which honestly, I don't see the point since this is a deferment and not a permanent down pes, and I'm not even serving full time NS. The MC I have from govt hospital should suffice.
The problem is, they are extremely slow in replying me and my call to NS or to the camp just keeps getting pushed around or asking me to wait. I am definitely not able to head to camp for reservist tomorrow so if there's no update, what should I do? Should I get MC till they cancel my reservist or wait for their reply? I am pretty confident I can get at least another week's MC because my ankle is in a really bad condition now (I have an open appointment with specialist because the doctor in emergency wasn't sure if it might be a ligament tear and asked me to monitor till end of this week).
I heard that if you MC till they cancel, they are not going to pay you for the days you are on MC, even though I am technically at "reservist" and not at work. Can anyone confirm this?
I am due to start my reservist in SPF this coming Tuesday (13th April). However, I had a really bad sprain last Sunday (4th April) on my ankle. I was given a week's MC and light duty for another week (till the end of this week). I forgot to ask the doctor to excuse for reservist deferment since that was the last thing on my mind when I was in the medical centre.
I am currently on crutches and I have trouble even going from my room to the toilet, let alone to the camp which is at the other end of Singapore for me. This is taking into account that I am permanently excused from heavy load so walking on crutches for anything more than a few minutes is really taxing for me, and my leg hurts if I don't keep it elevated. To make matters worse, even if I take grab, I have to take a shuttle bus to my camp (because normal vehicles are not allowed to enter that area) and the office I'm reporting to is like two levels in the basement with no lift, meaning I have to walk with crutches all the way down.
I have called my camp, they told me to email NS, which I did last Monday and they only got back to me on Friday asking me to submit any memo so they can send me to see medical officer. Which honestly, I don't see the point since this is a deferment and not a permanent down pes, and I'm not even serving full time NS. The MC I have from govt hospital should suffice.
The problem is, they are extremely slow in replying me and my call to NS or to the camp just keeps getting pushed around or asking me to wait. I am definitely not able to head to camp for reservist tomorrow so if there's no update, what should I do? Should I get MC till they cancel my reservist or wait for their reply? I am pretty confident I can get at least another week's MC because my ankle is in a really bad condition now (I have an open appointment with specialist because the doctor in emergency wasn't sure if it might be a ligament tear and asked me to monitor till end of this week).
I heard that if you MC till they cancel, they are not going to pay you for the days you are on MC, even though I am technically at "reservist" and not at work. Can anyone confirm this?
