Kei_Li
Senior Member
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2003
- Messages
- 763
- Reaction score
- 4
Hi guys,
Appreciate if any well informed bros can chip in, agents too I welcome your opinions.
I have talked with a few agents already from different companies, but the more I dig the more i get confused on the actual effectiveness of coverage and potential issues (esp ILP).
Im in my late 20s approaching 30.
Non smoker.
White collar job.
In simple this is what im looking for:
-No ILP.
Generally people advised against it, quoting various factors like high commission, uncertain on returns etc.. Im risk adverse and don't have good financial knowledge anyway so I rather not be buying ILP policy.
-Protection
I don't mind paying insurance bill like paying hand phone bills, I take it as a necessary expense of living and don't really need to have a return on capital. However most agents' recommendations include life+term, which the life portion will have a surrender value. The recommended sum insured by one agent was $500k, which if i remember correctly was a multiplier plan and will drop to a lower value once i hit 65-70years old (term expired? Life continue to run that's why?)
-Early critical illness
I'm ok with paying a bit more for ECI compared to CI for the earlier draw down of SI to maintain lifestyle if working is no longer fesible. Prefer 1 lump sum draw down or atleast 50%/50% for ECI/CI.
-Hospitalisation
Full cover including private hospital up to A class.
-Personal Accident
Not sure how much to cover for but probably $200k?
-Total Permanent Disability
Not sure how much to cover for too but probably $200k?
Sorry if the information that I provided sounds(read) messy, but they reflect what i am thinking and will be great if it gives an idea on what im looking at.
Im happy to clarify any points and to provide any not too sensitive information. Look forward to any advice.
Appreciate if any well informed bros can chip in, agents too I welcome your opinions.
I have talked with a few agents already from different companies, but the more I dig the more i get confused on the actual effectiveness of coverage and potential issues (esp ILP).
Im in my late 20s approaching 30.
Non smoker.
White collar job.
In simple this is what im looking for:
-No ILP.
Generally people advised against it, quoting various factors like high commission, uncertain on returns etc.. Im risk adverse and don't have good financial knowledge anyway so I rather not be buying ILP policy.
-Protection
I don't mind paying insurance bill like paying hand phone bills, I take it as a necessary expense of living and don't really need to have a return on capital. However most agents' recommendations include life+term, which the life portion will have a surrender value. The recommended sum insured by one agent was $500k, which if i remember correctly was a multiplier plan and will drop to a lower value once i hit 65-70years old (term expired? Life continue to run that's why?)
-Early critical illness
I'm ok with paying a bit more for ECI compared to CI for the earlier draw down of SI to maintain lifestyle if working is no longer fesible. Prefer 1 lump sum draw down or atleast 50%/50% for ECI/CI.
-Hospitalisation
Full cover including private hospital up to A class.
-Personal Accident
Not sure how much to cover for but probably $200k?
-Total Permanent Disability
Not sure how much to cover for too but probably $200k?
Sorry if the information that I provided sounds(read) messy, but they reflect what i am thinking and will be great if it gives an idea on what im looking at.
Im happy to clarify any points and to provide any not too sensitive information. Look forward to any advice.

