iOS 11.2.6 Software Update Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
any iphone 8 user seeing battery drain after update to 11.2.6?

mentioned many times, there will be drain in e 1st few days because background tasks are running after updating to a new version of e OS. it shud be back to normal after that.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
That’s true.. also depends on how many apps one is using and whether there are legacy apps as well. Legacy apps are always the ones which will cause issues due to incompatible upgrade on app level..

mentioned many times, there will be drain in e 1st few days because background tasks are running after updating to a new version of e OS. it shud be back to normal after that.
 

SESE75

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
38
That’s true.. also depends on how many apps one is using and whether there are legacy apps as well. Legacy apps are always the ones which will cause issues due to incompatible upgrade on app level..



I have just downloaded in YouTube of Apple weather bugs (about 6 seconds ) New York snowing image going from left to right.
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
mentioned many times, there will be drain in e 1st few days because background tasks are running after updating to a new version of e OS. it shud be back to normal after that.

Yah agree. When I upgrade to IOS11 the first 1-2 days battery was crazy poor as they are indexing my photo album. Shortly My People folders start to appear images.
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Ya I noticed too on my ip7 on 11.25 still on ok 3rd party app
But after 1126 on my ip7 even mine 3rd pt app lags like Evernote
But not mine iPad Pro on 1126 still ok
So I concluded it’s iOS 11 not optimised like iOS 10 which is on lower ram like 2gb need at least 3gb or more ram

Maybe... 6S Plus
But it wasn’t like that on 11.2.5
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
any iphone 8 user seeing battery drain after update to 11.2.6?

So far I’m happy with the batter performance on my 8. Although there was once where the usage count kept going up when I wasn’t using the phone. Ended up like having 16h if usage with 40h if standby with about 30%+ of battery remaining. I believe it was a bug.

How bad is your drain?
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Ya I noticed too on my ip7 on 11.25 still on ok 3rd party app
But after 1126 on my ip7 even mine 3rd pt app lags like Evernote
But not mine iPad Pro on 1126 still ok
So I concluded it’s iOS 11 not optimised like iOS 10 which is on lower ram like 2gb need at least 3gb or more ram

For me I think the Fusion chip in iPhone 7 never really worked on the battery consumption area. The Bionic chip however is the opposite. The efficiency of battery consumption is good.
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Oh maybe this is so the new a11 is improved over the a10 but ok I already upgraded to X
So I’m quite happy with but odd why mine iPad Pro even it’s not a11 it still work ok


For me I think the Fusion chip in iPhone 7 never really worked on the battery consumption area. The Bionic chip however is the opposite. The efficiency of battery consumption is good.
 

_underthebutterfly

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
So far I’m happy with the batter performance on my 8. Although there was once where the usage count kept going up when I wasn’t using the phone. Ended up like having 16h if usage with 40h if standby with about 30%+ of battery remaining. I believe it was a bug.

How bad is your drain?
there were a few days where my batt dropped 15% overnight but these few days it's only like 4% so i guess it's resolved though i still dk what happened lol
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Mine mo issue on when go zzz next morning still 100% on both mine x and 7 and iPad Pro

It’s like this. Some days I slept with a 100% battery, woke up 85% only.. it’s just some bugs which are rampant enough..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top