iOS 7 and third party lightning cables workaround.

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
Workaround —

1. Turn on USB power
2. Plug in lightning cable to iPhone
3. Dismiss any warnings
4. Unlock your iPhone.
5. Dismiss any remaining warnings.
6. Now with the screen turned on.
7. Unplug the knock off lightning cable.
8. Plug it back in.
9. Dismiss warning again
10. It should now charge.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer. Petpet do not encourage the use of third party cables.
 

muddle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
6,988
Reaction score
0
Ios 7 is blocking all unauthorised third party cables. The fake lightning cables are using pirated chips.
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,040
Reaction score
5,002
Really?????
To make consumers buy original as well as protect their devices?
 

siron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2000
Messages
10,542
Reaction score
2
Yah. I read about that as well... They just made another couple of millions.
 

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2001
Messages
99,476
Reaction score
12,767
was syncing and charging on my 3rd party lightning adapter reh

although got the warning msg appear on screen when plug in
 

Vvengeance

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
I read somewhere before os7 does not support 3rd party unauthorised cables, from what I checked, apple cables are the cheapest compared to those authorised.
 

xinzizu

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
3
For me I couldn't charge.. Yesterday when I got my 5s, put it charge on wall adapter, it show charging but it not charging at all.. I saw on the net there is some work around..
 

xinzizu

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
3
There is this work around that I saw on the net..

Turn on USB power
Plug in lightning cable to iPhone
Dismiss any warnings
Unlock your iPhone.
Dismiss any remaining warnings.
Now with the screen turned on.
Unplug the knock off lightning cable.
Plug it back in.
Dismiss warning again
It should now charge.

But I don't understand what it mean by 'Turn on USB power'
 

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
There is this work around that I saw on the net..

Turn on USB power
Plug in lightning cable to iPhone
Dismiss any warnings
Unlock your iPhone.
Dismiss any remaining warnings.
Now with the screen turned on.
Unplug the knock off lightning cable.
Plug it back in.
Dismiss warning again
It should now charge.

But I don't understand what it mean by 'Turn on USB power'
:s13: that guide is by me.

Turn on USB power means turn on your socket's power.

Edit : Threads merged.
 

testing1234

Banned
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
13,824
Reaction score
0
Workaround —

1. Turn on USB power
2. Plug in lightning cable to iPhone
3. Dismiss any warnings
4. Unlock your iPhone.
5. Dismiss any remaining warnings.
6. Now with the screen turned on.
7. Unplug the knock off lightning cable.
8. Plug it back in.
9. Dismiss warning again
10. It should now charge.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer. Petpet do not encourage the use of third party cables.

this is for AC power right? what bout usb charging? same too?
 

sandwicher

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1,421
Reaction score
4
Oh just buy another original cable?
Unless you wanna risk yourself to be one of the victims in China that kenna the explosion and stuff? Its for your own safety.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top