iPhone 18Pro/Pro Max Discussions

What colors did you choose for 18 pro?

  • Burgundy

    Votes: 38 37.6%
  • Glacier

    Votes: 27 26.7%
  • Black

    Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Silver

    Votes: 10 9.9%

  • Total voters
    101

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
148
still on the fence cos I worry can't transfer Whatsapp history, bout 28GB, anyone successfully migrated from Oppo with move to iOS app? but seems move to iOS is not available on google play. Any idea if third party paid legit app will be successful?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,172

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
148

rinchan22

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
1,221
Reaction score
668
Same here, typing is more accurate on Android, imo. Gboard is more superior on Android. How is Gboard on iOS?
Not as customizable and accurate as compared to android but only using it because the native iOS keyboard no number row or long press for numbers. If anyone have better alternative keyboard recommendations please share.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
still on the fence cos I worry can't transfer Whatsapp history, bout 28GB, anyone successfully migrated from Oppo with move to iOS app? but seems move to iOS is not available on google play. Any idea if third party paid legit app will be successful?
I have never done this, but is there an option from WhatsApp itself to move from Android to iOS?
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
Not as customizable and accurate as compared to android but only using it because the native iOS keyboard no number row or long press for numbers. If anyone have better alternative keyboard recommendations please share.
Can add numbers on top of qwerty keyboard for default iOS keyboard. Settings>General>Keyboards>Keyboards>Add new keyboard>Vietnamese>Add new keyboard>VNI.

But the thing is, you got to "retrain" your iOS auto correct dictionary inside over a period of time. Takes patience. Initial stage some English words you type out will be auto corrected to Vietnamese lol.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
Why is it not available?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios&hl=en

Also, recommended to use original apps for safety and privacy.
it won't show on my Google play on both Oppo phone with latest colorOS. sorry can't upload pic.
there is a notice on Google play, this app isnt available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.
I have never done this, but is there an option from WhatsApp itself to move from Android to iOS?
Yeah. Taken down from playstore already. On my F8U it shows the same error msg too. Funny thing is, inside iPhone's WA app, under chats>transfer chat history> the developers allow you to select Move to another iOS or Android phone.

But sadly this is not vice versa. On my F8U WA, under chats>transfer chat>start>it has no option for us to choose transfer to iOS. It just says "Download WhatsApp on your new Android and register with the same number. When prompted, enter this code [a 6 digits code].

That's why I say on one hand, developers on iOS are more motivated to make apps on AppStore to be more polished and that is a known fact. On the other hand, same developers for the same app just "anyhow code" for PlayStore. Sad but true. Most probably got to use those paid PlayStore app for WA transfer. I haven't explore, don't wanna waste time to explore too. I just missed out on 2 mths of memories on One UI WA only.

I'm speaking on neutral grounds here, not bashing any OS. Last time I'm very pro iOS, cannot and would not touch Android those kind. They term us as Apple fanboys. iSheep. But One UI made me adapt so fast that I thought I'm using iOS too, amidst more small nitty gritty One UI aesthetics things that can be customized.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,148
Reaction score
3,184
On the other hand, same developers for the same app just "anyhow code" for PlayStore.
As an iOS developer, Apple is very systematic. Even using AI tools like Claude can easily write iOS/macOS apps without much build errors.

I had never developed for Android so I cannot comment on that.
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
As an iOS developer, Apple is very systematic. Even using AI tools like Claude can easily write iOS/macOS apps without much build errors.

I had never developed for Android so I cannot comment on that.
What is the app you coded in AppStore bro? Or game?
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,172
it won't show on my Google play on both Oppo phone with latest colorOS. sorry can't upload pic.
there is a notice on Google play, this app isnt available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.
Sounds like your Android isn't updated enough to download it?
Yeah. Taken down from playstore already. On my F8U it shows the same error msg too. Funny thing is, inside iPhone's WA app, under chats>transfer chat history> the developers allow you to select Move to another iOS or Android phone.

But sadly this is not vice versa. On my F8U WA, under chats>transfer chat>start>it has no option for us to choose transfer to iOS. It just says "Download WhatsApp on your new Android and register with the same number. When prompted, enter this code [a 6 digits code].
It's showing up fine on my Androids though. I haven't neded to transfer to Android or vice versa so can't really comment but I recall it had to be a resetted device for IOS to have the transfer happen.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,172
That's why I say on one hand, developers on iOS are more motivated to make apps on AppStore to be more polished and that is a known fact. On the other hand, same developers for the same app just "anyhow code" for PlayStore. Sad but true. Most probably got to use those paid PlayStore app for WA transfer. I haven't explore, don't wanna waste time to explore too. I just missed out on 2 mths of memories on One UI WA only.

I'm speaking on neutral grounds here, not bashing any OS. Last time I'm very pro iOS, cannot and would not touch Android those kind. They term us as Apple fanboys. iSheep. But One UI made me adapt so fast that I thought I'm using iOS too, amidst more small nitty gritty One UI aesthetics things that can be customized.
Unfortunately, Android's app are mostly less polished than IOS for sure. Also, I still wouldn't recommend using any 3rd party apps to transfer chats especially with how WhatsApp chats likely containing private information.

Samsung's One UI is good but the only Samsung I have are the tablets, not touching with a ten-foot pole for the rest though. :o
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
it won't show on my Google play on both Oppo phone with latest colorOS. sorry can't upload pic.
there is a notice on Google play, this app isnt available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.
Sounds like your Android isn't updated enough to download it?

It's showing up fine on my Androids though. I haven't neded to transfer to Android or vice versa so can't really comment but I recall it had to be a resetted device for IOS to have the transfer happen.
No froztheart, it’s the other way round. Not our Android phone isn’t updated enough to dl the apk, it’s Apple developers don’t wanna waste money to host it on Android PlayStore anymore lol. Same scenario as SG Pools app. You can find it on AppStore, but Android users got to go to official Sg pools website to dl the .apk file.

Anyway, I found the apk file for you already bro nuscape.
It’s on Apple website: Move to iOS Official App (Android .apk file)

Choose Android 6.0 or later (Universal).
 

argentinafa

Master Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2003
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
509
Sounds like your Android isn't updated enough to download it?

It's showing up fine on my Androids though. I haven't neded to transfer to Android or vice versa so can't really comment but I recall it had to be a resetted device for IOS to have the transfer happen.
And yes you’re right that it must be a resetted iPhone, choose Transfer from Android option. Connect both phones by usb-c cable. <—for @nuscape.

Now I know why Apple took down that Move to iOS apk from PlayStore. On the latest Android 17, there is No Need for the Move to iOS app anymore, to transfer files from Android to iOS when you’re switching hp. Link is here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/118670#noapp

Too bad I restored from my iCloud as I feel that alot of my old 17PM settings are better inline to my 18PM. Hence at the 18PM startup screen I didn’t choose the option ‘Transfer from Android’.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top