iPhone 5 cannot received calls when in LTE

DQUEK123

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
1
So is this the phone hardware issue? Or carrier issue?

No one here can 100% tell you if this is a hardware or teco issue. For me, I am lucky and do not have such problem after day3 rebooted my phone. Have been monitoring it for a week by calling myself like an idiot and all can get thru at various locations. Work place, shopping place and more.... Now I give up calling myself as I know 99% it will get thru. I put my second handphone at home for good now.

Observation of why some calls cannot get thru (I did some experiments)
1. If u call someone the phone gets into 3G mode and when u hang up the phone will go to LTE, during this process if a call is coming in... It won't get thru.
2. Some place where LTE is not available and when u reached an area got LTE, also the phone will switch from 3G to LTE, should a call comes in now... Too bad cannot get thru..

So most of the problem is a timing issue.
 

zippy79

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2000
Messages
7,031
Reaction score
1
I got an iPhone 5 from starhub, tried my friend S3 with LTE sim card but can't get LTE signal only 3G

I've reset network settings.. faulty handset?
 

shinkuaku

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
18,754
Reaction score
45
I got an iPhone 5 from starhub, tried my friend S3 with LTE sim card but can't get LTE signal only 3G

I've reset network settings.. faulty handset?

Mine is M1, same issue also for the first 10 days... LTE appeared on day 11th, corp plan :)
 

xiaobai1

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
13,289
Reaction score
21
I got an iPhone 5 from starhub, tried my friend S3 with LTE sim card but can't get LTE signal only 3G

I've reset network settings.. faulty handset?

Is your friend S3 LTE sim card starhub also? I tot i read somewhere that other telco sim card will not work with starhub iphone 5 because different baseband or something and the phone is a different kind? Starhub on 1800MHz while M1 and singtel on 1800MHz and 2600MHz?

Btw for LTE right, it won't appear straight away. Go to some areas that is confirm have LTE one and wait for the LTE signal to come in. Don't on like 1-3 mins don't have then switch off, sometimes it takes time for it to come in.
 

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
just exchanged my set at singtel.
Tested it and i can confirm its a network issue and not the phone.
Realised when i have weak LTE at 1 or 2 bars the calls most likely will drop
More bars calls will come in. Unless i got 2 lemon sets! lol
 

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
14,409
Reaction score
29
just exchanged my set at singtel.
Tested it and i can confirm its a network issue and not the phone.
Realised when i have weak LTE at 1 or 2 bars the calls most likely will drop
More bars calls will come in. Unless i got 2 lemon sets! lol

i dun think its the phone problem

99% is Singtel problem

I have 2 x Note II....one 3G one 4G.

I use 3G no problem receiving incoming calls.

When i switch to 4G, all my friends say my phone is off.

i try to call myself also the same thing.

SRSLY SINGTEL SUCKS !
 

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,198
Reaction score
0
just tested LTE in bugis,when calls come in my iPhone 5 will switch from LTE to 3G and i can pickup the call and once the call ended it switch back to LTE,test it about 5 times and evertime it works this way.

maybe you guys can try it out.

oh...by the way i am on Singtel.
 

GPRIDER

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
477
Reaction score
0
Now I'm really glad that I took my tech's advice and stays with 3G on my iP5.
 
Last edited:

punker

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2004
Messages
805
Reaction score
12
Old thread.

But I encountered this problem this past weeks. Any advice how to resolve?

Thanks...

The only thing u can do on your part is only on LTE when u need it, like surfing on the web etc. den off LTE when u dont need it, so that u can receive incoming calls.

This problem occurs bcos voice is not supported on LTE. That said, iPhone will automatically switch to 3G when there's an incoming call. But sometimes u dont receive any calls, it's basically bcos of the singtel network not able to switch to 3G fast enough.

Singtel is said to be rolling voice support for LTE. But dunno when it will be implemented
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top