Iphone 5s battery life issue

fortheus

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
yeah, yesterday I did that. Last night I didn't do the trick, somehow it's still ok.

2 hour 20 minutes usage at 79%. Standby around 11 hour 40 minutes with 8-9 hour was on airplane mode.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Instead of putting into airplane mode, you all can try " Do not disturb " feature.
 

micromousez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
10,405
Reaction score
99
My 4g is on 24/7. I can't stand toggling on off 4g, esp when it's not in control centre whereby u can flick up from bottom to toggle.

I want instantaneous speed. 5s LTE signal is sooo amazing. Twice as fast as iPhone 5.

Got diff meh?
Anyone else can feel that?
 

fortheus

Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Instead of putting into airplane mode, you all can try " Do not disturb " feature.

I normally use DND, but for testing sake I put airplane mode because sometimes my iphone can't connect to wifi and it drain some battery.
 
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I'm facing the same problem as well, i notice a significant decrease in battery juice when doing some light surfing on safari.

Not on maximum brightness and with all other apps closed...on 4G, typically on my hour long bus trip to work my battery could easily drop like 1%/2mins. Tried restoring, closing apps and all, set to 3G, does have slightly better but still drop like 1%/2.5 ~ 3min.

Rightfully, I don't believe in turning down everything to low/off it, why the hell do I pay so much for this phone when I cannot enjoy the features of it?

What is the battery consumption for you guys like?
 

FactoryEffex

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
I'm facing the same problem as well, i notice a significant decrease in battery juice when doing some light surfing on safari.

Not on maximum brightness and with all other apps closed...on 4G, typically on my hour long bus trip to work my battery could easily drop like 1%/2mins. Tried restoring, closing apps and all, set to 3G, does have slightly better but still drop like 1%/2.5 ~ 3min.

Rightfully, I don't believe in turning down everything to low/off it, why the hell do I pay so much for this phone when I cannot enjoy the features of it?

What is the battery consumption for you guys like?

Similar situation, basically off everything and switch to 3G, much better afterwards. Recently, invested in a powerbank since my 3GS and 4S.
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
Was out almost the whole day yesterday reached home still can 20%. 4G is on. Push is off. Because if I need to check mail just tap on the icon.

BTW, what are your brightness setttings. sometimes outdoors difficullt to see.
 

fuzzybear

Master Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2000
Messages
2,775
Reaction score
0
power bank is a must now a days
for me I auto brightness
3g mode all the way unless I feel I need 4g
manual push

I don't use safari
I am a faithful user of opera mini
unless opera got issue then I go maxton or dolpin or safari

my battery has. been good better than my s4 even its on 2g moslty
 

shunz81

Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
My first few charges on 5s allowed me to stand by just over 1 day with about 5 hours usage. One month on, now just stand by 9 hours with about 3.5 hours usage and it's dropped to 30% already. I read with envy those who report good battery life. Is there something wrong with my battery? I don't think M1 will help me check on this right?
 

salac38

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
power bank is a must now a days
for me I auto brightness
3g mode all the way unless I feel I need 4g
manual push

I don't use safari
I am a faithful user of opera mini
unless opera got issue then I go maxton or dolpin or safari

my battery has. been good better than my s4 even its on 2g moslty

how do u choose to use 3g or 4g? is there an option for that... i thought now my default is 4G already...
 

JustAnotherTroll

Master Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
235
how do u choose to use 3g or 4g? is there an option for that... i thought now my default is 4G already...

you can only turn off 4G to save battery, in this case your phone will connect to either 2G(shown as GPRS), or 3G, depending on the strength of the network at your current location.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top