iPhone 5S Cases Showroom

xtreme84

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
4
does the sword bumper really affects the reception that badly? damn i wanted to get 1 of it man

In areas where signal is not that strong, the metal bumpers affect my reception significantly enough that I've decided not to use them. A pity, really. I'm now just using a cheapo ultra thin plastic casing that I bought from SLS. Reception is now fantastic.
 

stiwipl

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
1,241
Reaction score
9
Any local store is selling Air Jacket Rubber Black for iPhone 5s?
Checked Challenger but couldn't find it.

I ordered it from US yesterday US$41.33 including shipping and today I saw it at Digital Style @Funan. It costs $60 or $53 for members. So no point to order from US, I didn't know that someone sells it locally. It looks very good IMO.
 

Black_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
33
I love all these metal bumpers, too bad they really affect the reception on my 5s. I've got the Red Alert and the innerexile odyssey 5 and both have the same issue, even with the insulation inside.

I still love the e13ctron s4v that I'm using on my 4S cos their method of insulation works best. Also, that bumper can accommodate my 4S with a side sticker to further prevent the sides from touching the bumper directly. I wish I could find something similar for my 5s.
not as bad as you've describe la bro. im using Singtel and my LTE and all wireless signal are acceptable when using the bumpers. at most sometimes lost 1-2 bars in crowded indoors like shopping centres.

I do agree that the e13ctron S4 series are hell of a good bumper but too bad they are now out of business already. so its impossible for us to look forward to their iphone 5S or 6 models. :(
 

Black_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
33
try this: AL13 V2. 0 signal loss (as they claimed) :)

105dab43f12678368fb2e911d15a8aa1_large.jpg

cafea5c564466fa1725fcfca19cc2f3d_large.jpg

b871da047166452052104cee6eb6f3fc_large.jpg
 

xtreme84

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
1,782
Reaction score
4
not as bad as you've describe la bro. im using Singtel and my LTE and all wireless signal are acceptable when using the bumpers. at most sometimes lost 1-2 bars in crowded indoors like shopping centres.

I do agree that the e13ctron S4 series are hell of a good bumper but too bad they are now out of business already. so its impossible for us to look forward to their iphone 5S or 6 models. :(

I'm using Starhub, so that could also play a part. But in any case, I've noticed that the bars are not always an accurate reflection of the signal strength. Switching to a non-metal casing has really helped improve my reception (actual usage including surfing, etc) so I'm not very inclined towards going back to my metal bumpers even though I've spent quite a bit on them. Believe me, I really love my metal bumpers, they make the iPhone look really good.

Yes, it's a real pity that e13ctron are out of business already. I was really hoping to get something similar for my 5s.

try this: AL13 V2. 0 signal loss (as they claimed) :)

105dab43f12678368fb2e911d15a8aa1_large.jpg

cafea5c564466fa1725fcfca19cc2f3d_large.jpg

b871da047166452052104cee6eb6f3fc_large.jpg

You poisoned me. I just went to their Kickstarter page while typing this reply and am now USD 60 poorer. :s22: I really hope this will be the metal bumper I'm looking for.
 

heysugar

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Hi does anybody knows where to get the Magpul Tatical Field case for iPhone 5/5S locally? (other than the guys selling on HWZ marketplace)

Or eBay is our only choice?

thank you
 

sigurros

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Hi does anybody knows where to get the Magpul Tatical Field case for iPhone 5/5S locally? (other than the guys selling on HWZ marketplace)

Or eBay is our only choice?

thank you

Tried very hard to get locally but seems everywhere not selling.

So got from ebay. Still on the way to singapore.
 

Black_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
33
I've gotten myself 2 more sword RED ALERT but have no time to use it yet. feels super cool just by looking at it. :)

10171763_465102036950413_128554851_n.jpg

1012134_465102020283748_380397445_n.jpg
 

Black_

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
33
Tried very hard to get locally but seems everywhere not selling.

So got from ebay. Still on the way to singapore.
because its not a known case brand locally, almost next to non-existent after the iphone 4S hype.
 

kikilin

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
622
Reaction score
0
Founded this finally. Didn't expect soo many buyers getting this nice sleek case from Jimmy38. Many colors to choose too.
The front look pretty cool feel like there more protection for the phone yet still maintain the look
 

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
30
u look like u are promoting your own cases..:s8:

Founded this finally. Didn't expect soo many buyers getting this nice sleek case from Jimmy38. Many colors to choose too.
The front look pretty cool feel like there more protection for the phone yet still maintain the look
 

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
11,285
Reaction score
23
Founded this finally. Didn't expect soo many buyers getting this nice sleek case from Jimmy38. Many colors to choose too.
The front look pretty cool feel like there more protection for the phone yet still maintain the look

are you kidding? this casing look pretty shitty to me :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top