iPhone 6 charge slow from 95-100%

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
Hi guys, my 6 was from launch day. Recently started using it as my main phone. When I charge, the normal charge cycle from 30-80+% is as per usual. But when it comes to the trickle charging part it's very slow.

I tried using the iPad charger and it's of no use. Battery apps showed my battery has no wear at all which is surprising. Could this be a battery issue? Thanks.
 

PumpkinX

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
799
Reaction score
0
iPhones and iPads fast charge to 80% then slows down from there until around 95%, that last few percent takes quite long. In fact the phone recognise as fully charge at around that percentage. So your battery is perfectly normal.
 

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
7,472
Reaction score
52
iPhones and iPads fast charge to 80% then slows down from there until around 95%, that last few percent takes quite long. In fact the phone recognise as fully charge at around that percentage. So your battery is perfectly normal.

Ah I see. But mine is really slow when compared to my SE and 7. Also one more thing I forgot to mention earlier, is that when it is around 97% I plugged the charger out and then plug in back, it jumped to 100%.
 

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
20,555
Reaction score
121
Ah I see. But mine is really slow when compared to my SE and 7. Also one more thing I forgot to mention earlier, is that when it is around 97% I plugged the charger out and then plug in back, it jumped to 100%.

Very normal. My aging 6+ is the same - stays at 97% - 98%. I have to either reset it or unplug & replug it for the battery indicator to reach 100%.
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,480
Reaction score
3,164
battery showing its age. sounds normal...
 

revogsx

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
I encountered that some sometimes. This is what I do to resolve:

-keep it charging to 90% to 95%
-kill all apps
-press home+sleep for 10 seconds to restart

done. phone will charge faster to 100. it is strange but is what I do on my ip6
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Not bad already ip6 use until now still ok unlike android crap ahaha

Even my parents 6+ still doing well

Very normal. My aging 6+ is the same - stays at 97% - 98%. I have to either reset it or unplug & replug it for the battery indicator to reach 100%.
 

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,005
Reaction score
1,727
I am quite certain that it is the process of "trickle charge".

My iPhone 6 Plus which is 2 years old, takes about an hour to trickle charge from 90-100%.

*I did not measure this myself, it is a rough estimation of mine observed during my charging times.*
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top