iPhone Chinese Entertainment Apps

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
ya xiami or qq vip worth it as higher bit download to mp3
not the best audio but mai hiam in car play

If you streaming to the CAR Audio through Bluetooth, or you download the non protected MP3, info will get lost.

I do not have high requirements for the audio as I do not have high cost audio gears.

Still I think there is a difference between the highest quality DRM protected format (SQ Lossless FLAC/APE in QQ Music and MQA in Xiami Music) and the high quality format (high bit rate MP3), when using my mobile phones (mainly Huawei P20 and iPhone 6S, using Apple EarPods, Huawei Type-C adapter + Sony MDR-100AAP headphone or Audio Technica earphones). I also use cheap Creative Bluetooth speakers.

But I understand that the highest quality in QQ Music and Xiami Music may not be the best quality either.
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
One particular useful feature of QQ Music to me is that the VIP is also usable for the TV version.

And the TV version can be used as a Karaoke app as you can remove the vocal of the original singer.

For other better Karaoke apps, VIP on the mobile phone is not usable for TV version and vice versa. You have to pay VIP twice, one for mobile and one for TV. This is different from the typical VOD apps VIP where the TV VIP covers the mobile VIP.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
From the other thread.

For those who want to use PPTV Sports (plus China VPN) to replace the SingTel Cast Sports Plus pack, take note EPL has cancelled television rights contract with Chinese broadcaster PPTV.

Ref:
https://www.firstpost.com/sports/pr...ct-with-chinese-broadcaster-pptv-8782191.html

Previously PPTV agreed a reported US$700 million (£523 million) deal for the right to broadcast all 380 Premier League matches per season from 2019 to 2022.

Ref:
https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/football/pptv-to-buy-epl-rights-in-1b-deal
 

saberlancer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
711
Reaction score
2
One particular useful feature of QQ Music to me is that the VIP is also usable for the TV version.

And the TV version can be used as a Karaoke app as you can remove the vocal of the original singer.

For other better Karaoke apps, VIP on the mobile phone is not usable for TV version and vice versa. You have to pay VIP twice, one for mobile and one for TV. This is different from the typical VOD apps VIP where the TV VIP covers the mobile VIP.

Xiaofan, I really wish to subscribe qq music, pls share how to do it in Sg? Thxthx.
 

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
8,153
Reaction score
412
One particular useful feature of QQ Music to me is that the VIP is also usable for the TV version.

And the TV version can be used as a Karaoke app as you can remove the vocal of the original singer.

For other better Karaoke apps, VIP on the mobile phone is not usable for TV version and vice versa. You have to pay VIP twice, one for mobile and one for TV. This is different from the typical VOD apps VIP where the TV VIP covers the mobile VIP.
I notice qqmusic only can use on one device. Once you login another device. The other side logs out also.
 

saberlancer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2000
Messages
711
Reaction score
2
Oh wait.. Gosh I just managed to easily pay for QQmusic 1mth via wechat!? When was this enabled!!? Awesome!
 

jywy2005

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2013
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
2,703
Seems like QQ music can’t receive the latest updates from iPhone App Store. Anybody got this issue?
 

StarLightJewel

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
12
hey guys! i installed the 腾讯视频 TV 客户端 via apk but it doesnt appear in my home screen apps when i tired to add it. i can only manually search for it via all apps when i want to open it. is there any way to add it to the home screen apps? or i need to dl a 3rd part side loader or something. thanks! :D
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
hey guys! i installed the 腾讯视频 TV 客户端 via apk but it doesnt appear in my home screen apps when i tired to add it. i can only manually search for it via all apps when i want to open it. is there any way to add it to the home screen apps? or i need to dl a 3rd part side loader or something. thanks! :D

Just install Side Load Launcher. I use it that myself for my Mi Box S.
 

drag0n

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
37
Reaction score
2
Hi~ thank you xiaofan for sharing all the valuable tips.
i am considering whether to sign up for youku vip. i've noticed that shows under Disney (eg, Mulan, Avengers) will require vpn in order to watch (i'm testing without vip on mobile).
Can i confirm that with vip, it will not require vpn? If so then i think it has upper hand over tencent.

I also realise i can cast to tv with 乐播投屏(happycast), which means that i just need the cheaper vip and can cast on tv to watch 1080p?
But then again, if it's region blocked then i can't watch it right.. Unless 酷喵vip can unblock it?
 
Last edited:

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
Hi~ thank you xiaofan for sharing all the valuable tips.
i am considering whether to sign up for youku vip. i've noticed that shows under Disney (eg, Mulan, Avengers) will require vpn in order to watch (i'm testing without vip on mobile).
Can i confirm that with vip, it will not require vpn? If so then i think it has upper hand over tencent.

I also realise i can cast to tv with 乐播投屏(happycast), which means that i just need the cheaper vip and can cast on tv to watch 1080p?
But then again, if it's region blocked then i can't watch it right.. Unless 酷喵vip can unblock it?

I just checked, with my VIP, China VPN is still required for 木兰, more over I need to pay RMB 4.8 to view it so I did not proceed. Basically it is not free even for VIP members.

If it is region blocked for Youku VIP, 酷喵VIP will not be useful either.

On your mobile phone, you can try free Transocks VPN.

And yes I can cast with DLNA, just install 酷喵 on your TV box but no need to log in, it is a better for casting Youku than Happycast. I actually do not use Happycast.
 

xiaofan

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
36,271
Reaction score
12,286
I also checked with my Tencent Video VIP, Mulan木兰 is also not free.

Avengers: Endgame is free with Tencent Video VIP now.

Again China VPN is required.

I only pay for mobile version VIP of Tencent Video but again I use DLNA cast to my TV box with the help of 云视听极光 (TV version app of Tencent Video).
 
Last edited:

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
I just checked, with my VIP, China VPN is still required for 木兰, more over I need to pay RMB 4.8 to view it so I did not proceed. Basically it is not free even for VIP members.

If it is region blocked for Youku VIP, 酷喵VIP will not be useful either.

i just tested my 酷喵VIP for mulan disney on ipad in china. it did not ask for any payment
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top