
anyone done independent travelling in Iran? please share your experience.
I have done it a few years ago when AirAsia fly from KL to Tehran. It's not as difficult as it seem. Singaporean do not need visa to enter Iran.
.........
Somewhere in 2011, it was changed and Singaporean need visa too, but can get VOA in Tehran. I learnt it the hard way....
Bring Euro instead of USD as they have a difficulty clearing USD.
which airline will you be taking? I know last time iran air operated the only remaining B747sp from kl to tehran.
i heard the iranians are friendly
I heard the air pollution in Tehran is very serious. Initially planned to spend more time in Tehran. Should I cut short my stay in Tehran?![]()
I read somewhere that credit cards dont work there. So we need to bring enough cash to cover the whole trip.
Even airbnb doesnt cover Iran. Not a fan of hotels. I'm hoping to find homestays or hostels but so far searching the web yield little results on these.
Was language a major issue? Were the locals able to understand simple English?
US companies like Visa, Mastercard, AirBnB are not allow to do businesses in Iran due to US government sanction. This also apply to other "Axis of Evil" such as N. Korea. and in the past Myanmar. Naturally Iranian banks are not allow to plug into the global banking network so you can't withdraw cash from their ATM. My info might not be accurate so you might want to find out from other recent travellers in Lonely Planet forum.
English is not an issue in major tourist area. But you might want to remember some Farsi words especially the character for numbers. They don't use Arabic numerals like most of the world.
I didn't notice the air pollution but I remember that the traffic is quite bad. traffic rule is practically inexistent. Are you travelling the regular tourist route of Esfahan, Yazd, Shiraz and Tehran?
anyone done independent travelling in Iran? please share your experience.
Hi,
I spent 3 weeks travelling solo in Iran last year!
It was a beautiful, safe and friendly country.
thai had good offers last week and i missed that chance.
the best choice now seems to be air asia, but the flight is arriving close to midnight![]()
Does anyone know if there would be any issue in getting US visa after entering Iran?
You bought your air tickets already? Planning to go to Iran as well.
I read somewhere that credit cards dont work there. So we need to bring enough cash to cover the whole trip.
Even airbnb doesnt cover Iran. Not a fan of hotels. I'm hoping to find homestays or hostels but so far searching the web yield little results on these.
Was language a major issue? Were the locals able to understand simple English?
Does anyone know if there would be any issue in getting US visa after entering Iran?
You bought your air tickets already? Planning to go to Iran as well.
it is one of the question for your ESTA to USA... not sure if they will approve![]()