Is a 128GB iPhone an overkill?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,042
Reaction score
5,004
Description of myself.

Generally no gaming apps, just apps for chatting (LINE, telegram, whatsapp, FB Messenger)

Few social apps (FB, IG_

Intend to put songs into iPhone, non-English songs as English songs can use Spotify...


Is getting a 128GB iPhone for myself overkill?

Depends on user
But I observed, when it's 60% filled, it 'lags'
 

hkwaycc

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
170
Reaction score
0
I clean up photos very often, uploaded to google photos, and keep the inportant copy on iMac, also, I got Apple Music, 64GB still very sufficient la.

BTW, I just got to know that IOS 11 can family share iCloud storage, big thank you ya.
 
Last edited:

revogsx

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
for me, 128GB is not overkill. It is just right for my usage. I started from iPhone 4 to 6S and all data are transferred.

e.g Netflix offline download and spotify download already occupy too much space.

If you have kids or into taking lots of video then you need plenty of GB.

I do regular housekeeping by deleting duplicate or unwanted pic/video. I dont transfer them out.
 

toffeelatte

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2011
Messages
984
Reaction score
0
for me, 128GB is not overkill. It is just right for my usage. I started from iPhone 4 to 6S and all data are transferred.

e.g Netflix offline download and spotify download already occupy too much space.

If you have kids or into taking lots of video then you need plenty of GB.

I do regular housekeeping by deleting duplicate or unwanted pic/video. I dont transfer them out.
same here. mine always prompt me storage not enough and i gotta start deleting videos first as they take up the most space. using 128 btw
 

revogsx

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2008
Messages
731
Reaction score
0
it will be very very very slow specially if if it is more than 64GB

iCloud restore is last hope if you loose your phone. Otherwise, use iTunes backup when switching to new phone

But to fully restore a 128 or 256 data via iCloud won't be so slow meh
 

nicepal

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
860
Reaction score
0
I also noticed now left 40gb plus of 128GB phone. sometimes the phone slide pages like no respond.. need to put to sleep and wake up. then seems okay again..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top