Is Army Market still there?

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
Hi Guys,

Is army market at beach road still there? If yes, what time they close ah.
Going to reservist soon, bought some new no.4 uniforms and need to sew ID tag.:s22:
 

WakaaWakaa

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2009
Messages
244
Reaction score
11
I was nearby on Monday and decided to drop by. The whole place still sealed. Not sure if under renovation or moving out. I thought there was talk about army market closing for good?
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
I saw a sign saying renovation
Not sure if only hawker center renovating or also includes army market

Went to small kopitiam opposite market (same side of road) to have kopi... One stall selling hand made dim sum, really nice

I was nearby on Monday and decided to drop by. The whole place still sealed. Not sure if under renovation or moving out. I thought there was talk about army market closing for good?
 

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,180
Reaction score
823

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
16,180
Reaction score
823
I was nearby on Monday and decided to drop by. The whole place still sealed. Not sure if under renovation or moving out. I thought there was talk about army market closing for good?

Closing for good was rumoured. Read that the leases for the shops ended. They are now rented. So far no announcement on plans for the building. Given the food centre is being repaired closure may not be soon
 
Last edited:

mccmmm

Banned
Joined
Aug 21, 2009
Messages
17,020
Reaction score
368
Now center under NEA after 20 yrs leased ,as usual pap ups their rental that is why we see many old hawkers run road n been force for early retire.

NEA MOM hahahahahaha
 

SKinny86

Master Member
Joined
May 30, 2004
Messages
3,466
Reaction score
304
OK got information that Golden Mile Food Centre is closed for renovation until end June.

Those who are still looking for military items like me can google for 133 Trading.
Their wholesale centre at north bridge road, near by beach road only.
 

Zerocrimson

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
OK got information that Golden Mile Food Centre is closed for renovation until end June.

Those who are still looking for military items like me can google for 133 Trading.
Their wholesale centre at north bridge road, near by beach road only.

Thanks bro. So guess pple should go straight to wholesale centre now for military stuff...
 

Bohuatoh

Master Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2018
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
531
Guy, if you need to get army boots from this Beach Road Hawker Centre, please make sure that you check THOROUGHLY on EVERY PART of the boots. Especially the sole.

Some of the sellers there use "Black Kiwi" shoe polish to cover up cracks and it is not so obvious with the naked eyes.

Best is to try it out and stomp hard on the floor to test it before you buy. If it is patched up with the Shoe Polish, it will likely drop off by then because of the stomping. DO not accept any recommendation telling you that they can sell you a second hand boots only being used for once or twice. Many are with patched up. It will not last.

My buddy was conned into buying one pair just before reporting to the camp for ICT. It becomes a crocodile and most of the side chipped off and upon inspection on the debris, it was found to be the Shoe Polish.
 

Parade

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Guy, if you need to get army boots from this Beach Road Hawker Centre, please make sure that you check THOROUGHLY on EVERY PART of the boots. Especially the sole.

Some of the sellers there use "Black Kiwi" shoe polish to cover up cracks and it is not so obvious with the naked eyes.

Best is to try it out and stomp hard on the floor to test it before you buy. If it is patched up with the Shoe Polish, it will likely drop off by then because of the stomping. DO not accept any recommendation telling you that they can sell you a second hand boots only being used for once or twice. Many are with patched up. It will not last.

My buddy was conned into buying one pair just before reporting to the camp for ICT. It becomes a crocodile and most of the side chipped off and upon inspection on the debris, it was found to be the Shoe Polish.

Yes, I heard about such cases before. Not to mention the price there is much higher than e-mart. I wonder why people still buy from there.

There was once I last minute needed to get a beret cres on Sunday as I'm reporting to Gombak the following day, the price they quoted me was like 10X more than emart.

Not to say, I left empty-handed.
 

Circa1999

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2019
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Yes, I heard about such cases before. Not to mention the price there is much higher than e-mart. I wonder why people still buy from there.

There was once I last minute needed to get a beret cres on Sunday as I'm reporting to Gombak the following day, the price they quoted me was like 10X more than emart.

Not to say, I left empty-handed.

Best is to go Emart now punggol safra opened one for those staying at east area,pretty sure can send back for refund if got defect
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top