Is Challenger Membership useful?

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
7,141
Reaction score
15
Hi guys, wanna check those who got the membership issit useful?
2 year $30 and sometimes i see some of the stuffs they sell do have special price.
and also they do provide in house warranty on some products?
 

pa9797

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,338
Reaction score
0
Yes , if you buy things frequently from them. Also you can redeem car park
 

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
0
I find most of their price are pretty expensive. Only the member price reduce it to reasonable. SLS had better deals most of the time.
 

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
7,141
Reaction score
15
I find most of their price are pretty expensive. Only the member price reduce it to reasonable. SLS had better deals most of the time.

ya.. but their MOMO wheel selling $99 for members. maybe it's because older products so they clear at cheaper price.

btw pa9797, i don't drive lei. any other advantages?
 

Wataru

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2004
Messages
2,650
Reaction score
111
Sometimes they do have good deals like the recent Reclusa clearance sale ($59 for members when it's $100+ elsewhere)
 

expression

Master Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
3,542
Reaction score
0
most of the time prices in SLS are cheaper. but i hate going to SLS, its so crowded there during weekends
 

tekman

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
3
One of the reason why I got my membership is that one of the branches quite near where I stay =)

Good for small items or if I need to get emergency supplies
 
Last edited:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
50
They do have good deals if you know where to look and because I do spend thousand of dollars a year with them, I am able to claim gift vouchers and other freebies from them.

I guess before you make your purchases, shop around for prices and if Challenger offers a better deal, no harm buying from them.
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
me also tinking of joining. if u stay far from sls n got challenger near ur place i tink its worth it :s42:
 

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2000
Messages
34,607
Reaction score
0
Yes, I feel its worth it cause I sometimes to shop at challenger. Some simple things like CD/DVD media I can buy at challenger instead of going all the way to SLS to buy. Then small little things like thumb drives and games also can buy at challenger.
 

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
9,694
Reaction score
335
Been their members for years already.

I think it depends on individual. For myself, they do have some deals which are good for members. Since I stopped going to SLS and I have one challenger close to my house, it's very convenient.
 

percivale

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
722
Reaction score
0
A Challenger staff explained to me yesterday their 2-year ($30) membership has a guarantee of sorts. For example if you fail to consume $50 worth of discounts over the two years, they will refund you $40 (within six months of membership expiry) which makes it very safe to join their memberships. Car park is $2 off-set from the bill upon $50 or more in purchase.
 

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
7,141
Reaction score
15
what about LCD monitors? do they do 1 to 1 for any pixels or they stick to distrubutors warranty policy?
 

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
50
Like other places, all warranty are offered by the distributors. However, you may buy extended warranty from Challenger which either their side or the manufacturer would handle the warranty.
 

maisatomai

Banned
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
14,750
Reaction score
0
A Challenger staff explained to me yesterday their 2-year ($30) membership has a guarantee of sorts. For example if you fail to consume $50 worth of discounts over the two years, they will refund you $40 (within six months of membership expiry) which makes it very safe to join their memberships. Car park is $2 off-set from the bill upon $50 or more in purchase.

What they mean huh? Pay $30 and 2 years they refund you $40 if you don't use the card at all?
 

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
13,607
Reaction score
50
Not sure about that. I think you probably need to use the card to make purchases. Best to ask the Challenger CSO for clarification.
 

v0dka

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
7,141
Reaction score
15
meaning if u apply and u buy things without discount or u didnt make any purchase for the 2 yrs, there will be a refund $40.
each member are entitled with $50 guarantee discount. no consumed then refund.

just now go apply. 5 mins is all it takes. :D
 

poneglyph

Master Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
3,084
Reaction score
1
go for it only if you frequent the shop. if not, i think it is better to give it a miss.
 

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
5,724
Reaction score
89
it's only worth it when

1) outlets near your place
2) shop for IT stuffs regularly.
3) don't mind slightly higher price tags at times.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top