Is iPhone SE worth buying now?

ZeusTheMighty

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1
thanks cos my old iPhone like cannot update to latest ios so just get a more updated iPhone so can restore to that phone.
 

ZeusTheMighty

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
I think still worth it though. I'm still using it as my main phone these days when i'm not trying out other phones. It's pretty much the only phone that is this compact yet still powerful. Even Sony's Xperia X compact has been watered down, no longer like last time.

Whether you want to buy now would be up to you, since it's almost 12 months. But my guess is that there won't be another SE this march. By this time last year we already saw leaks and rumours.

It is called "special edition" after all. Not so special if they refresh it every year. I cant see Apple recycling the design anytime soon, and redesigning a new small phone with not so high price is going to be very unlikely.

MacRumours: iPhone SE Unlikely to Receive Refresh in Early 2017

I'm still holding out a tiny little bit hope that Apple might consider might introducing a more compact model later this year with the latest specs, but quite unlikely.

Anyway, I'm now trying out producing videos on smartphones, reviews and such as a side hobby. Just so happen that I've been working on one for the iPhone SE, asking pretty much the same question. So feel free to check it out if you want.

 

sartorial

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2015
Messages
8,417
Reaction score
19
I think still worth it though. I'm still using it as my main phone these days when i'm not trying out other phones. It's pretty much the only phone that is this compact yet still powerful. Even Sony's Xperia X compact has been watered down, no longer like last time.

Whether you want to buy now would be up to you, since it's almost 12 months. But my guess is that there won't be another SE this march. By this time last year we already saw leaks and rumours.

It is called "special edition" after all. Not so special if they refresh it every year. I cant see Apple recycling the design anytime soon, and redesigning a new small phone with not so high price is going to be very unlikely.

MacRumours: iPhone SE Unlikely to Receive Refresh in Early 2017

I'm still holding out a tiny little bit hope that Apple might consider might introducing a more compact model later this year with the latest specs, but quite unlikely.

Anyway, I'm now trying out producing videos on smartphones, reviews and such as a side hobby. Just so happen that I've been working on one for the iPhone SE, asking pretty much the same question. So feel free to check it out if you want.


that's quite a good video review alex! can totally relate to the eating while using phone with one hand part hahaha. big phones these days are quite the hassle.
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,922
Reaction score
675
that's quite a good video review alex! can totally relate to the eating while using phone with one hand part hahaha. big phones these days are quite the hassle.

Thanks! really hope there will be more reasonably sized flagship phones. With a smaller bezel, can fit bigger screen in smaller size phones now. Like the 1st generation moto x, 4.7", but only slightly bigger than the iphone se in terms of size. :s12:
 

sartorial

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2015
Messages
8,417
Reaction score
19
Thanks! really hope there will be more reasonably sized flagship phones. With a smaller bezel, can fit bigger screen in smaller size phones now. Like the 1st generation moto x, 4.7", but only slightly bigger than the iphone se in terms of size. :s12:

remember those days, phone makers were competing to see who could make the smallest handsets - tiny phones were the in thing. now, the bigger the better. haha anyway happy lunar new year!
 

SaulSilver

Master Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2016
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
3
Yes just do it, I'm still using the se after 5 months, I used to change phones frequently yet this se stuck with me the longest... battery life is stellar, one hand usage and the performance is no slouch either... just get the 64gb
 

ZeusTheMighty

Master Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1
remember those days, phone makers were competing to see who could make the smallest handsets - tiny phones were the in thing. now, the bigger the better. haha anyway happy lunar new year!


There's a reason for that. In those days phones didn't do much except make phone calls with just a few simple games like say tetris or snake etc. GPRS probably just became available.

Nowadays phones don't just make calls and in fact some ppl don't even use phones to make calls they use it as social media platform/ take pics/ games/ watch movies etc obviously it needs a larger screen and it's the screen that causes the overall phone to be larger in size.
 

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
I think still worth it though. I'm still using it as my main phone these days when i'm not trying out other phones. It's pretty much the only phone that is this compact yet still powerful. Even Sony's Xperia X compact has been watered down, no longer like last time.

Whether you want to buy now would be up to you, since it's almost 12 months. But my guess is that there won't be another SE this march. By this time last year we already saw leaks and rumours.

It is called "special edition" after all. Not so special if they refresh it every year. I cant see Apple recycling the design anytime soon, and redesigning a new small phone with not so high price is going to be very unlikely.

MacRumours: iPhone SE Unlikely to Receive Refresh in Early 2017

I'm still holding out a tiny little bit hope that Apple might consider might introducing a more compact model later this year with the latest specs, but quite unlikely.

Anyway, I'm now trying out producing videos on smartphones, reviews and such as a side hobby. Just so happen that I've been working on one for the iPhone SE, asking pretty much the same question. So feel free to check it out if you want.

Wow your YouTube vids are very professional looking!

Sent from Arkham Asylum using GAGT
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
121
Till now, I'm still getting questions from friends as to ..
- phone so small .. Why no upgrade

My reply .. I just did.

Hahaha.

SE is good. Just wish there will be a replacement this year (although I think not)
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
121
Yes just do it, I'm still using the se after 5 months, I used to change phones frequently yet this se stuck with me the longest... battery life is stellar, one hand usage and the performance is no slouch either... just get the 64gb

Just wished the camera would be better. On par w the Galaxy S7 or even the IP7+.
 

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
12,765
Reaction score
1,590
Yes i feel its still worth it.. Feel like getting 1... Cheaper price, good specs n work well...
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2017
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Just asking do you think a new SE version will be released?

Yes just get it, it is basically everything a IP5S is good at but upgraded - except for its front camera and screen display. Just imagine a Nissan GTR released in 2007, but undergone many internal improvements till date.

I used to use an IP5S which served me faithfully for 3 years 2 months before I decided to retire it at the start of this year.

Basically the SE processor is probably around 2.5x faster than the 5S. RAM upsized 2x to 2GB. Main camera upgraded 1.5x to 12 MP. Many hardware tests has shown the SE is even faster than its bigger sibling the IP6S!

Better get it because it will probably the last 4 inch phone designed by Apple. Excellent for single hand used. And it will be able hold its own fort and beat most current phone models by other manufacturers (especially Samsung) too.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top