Is it appropriate for a mod to start such a thread?

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
28,008
Reaction score
561
Just checking the stand of the management.

aHeD4Q4.png
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
Is it against the law to express disdain over a national leader in a democratic nation? Do u mean a citizen does not have the right to do that?
 

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
24,773
Reaction score
0
I think nothing wrong with it, on creating such thread.

Moderator is asking whether is there an issue, that's all to it

Everyone has their right to ask questions.
 

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
24,773
Reaction score
0
fox1,

Singaporeans has the right to speak out what they think.......nothing wrong.
 

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
28,008
Reaction score
561
fox1,

Singaporeans has the right to speak out what they think.......nothing wrong.

Yup.
Definitely.

In that case, if I talk about someone's father and mother, is there anything wrong?

There needs to be a sense of propriety even when you speak your mind.
Even more so for a person of power, even for a forum.

I would like to understand the stand of the forum management on such behaviour by one of it's appointed housekeeper.

:vijayadmin:
 

foosoomin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
24,773
Reaction score
0
fox1,


I mentioned many times already......just don't bring out father & mother.....
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
Yup.
Definitely.

In that case, if I talk about someone's father and mother, is there anything wrong?

There needs to be a sense of propriety even when you speak your mind.
Even more so for a person of power, even for a forum.

I would like to understand the stand of the forum management on such behaviour by one of it's appointed housekeeper.

:vijayadmin:

What standard of propriety are u referring to? I'm not talking about burning any one's effigy or threatening their lives rite? It's just a toilet paper. I dun think we should be raising the level of propriety unreasonably higher than is required by the law.
 

hwzadmin

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2005
Messages
29,099
Reaction score
57
Dear Member,

Can you specify what you find unacceptable about the moderator's posting? It's good to know that your many infractions have instilled a sense of propriety in you.

Yup.
Definitely.

In that case, if I talk about someone's father and mother, is there anything wrong?

There needs to be a sense of propriety even when you speak your mind.
Even more so for a person of power, even for a forum.

I would like to understand the stand of the forum management on such behaviour by one of it's appointed housekeeper.

:vijayadmin:
 

fox1

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
28,008
Reaction score
561
Dear Member,

Can you specify what you find unacceptable about the moderator's posting? It's good to know that your many infractions have instilled a sense of propriety in you.

I also understand sarcasm very well.
Thanks for making the stand of the management clear.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,173
Reaction score
17,437
I also understand sarcasm very well.
Thanks for making the stand of the management clear.

Please note that the stand of the management also means they have got nothing to do with my personal views on politics, and that u should not be seeing them as supporting or condoning my views.
 

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Messages
18,532
Reaction score
30
I've mentioned this countless of times before. A moderator is just another member with certain privileges bestowed upon him. Otherwise, he/she is entitled to voice his/her opinion, as long as it is presented in a civil or acceptable manner.

It's unfair to restrict moderators from posting opinions of their own. HWZ maintains objectivity and, as such, cannot be held responsible for any views of volunteer moderators. So expecting Kiwi8 to post within the boundaries of what YOU deem acceptable is not right.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top